Thread: Pellet pistol advice

Marksman

User Info Menu

Default Pellet pistol advice

I have several high end air rifles but am looking to add a high end 4.5/5.5mm pellet pistol to the collection. I want something that is highly accurate, easy to change pellet speed, spares must be readily available. I am leaning more towards a 4.5mm for the flat trajectory ans main use. Intended use is mainly target shooting. I have been considering a few options but have not seen many descent air pistols in RSA. I am not set on these brands as I am sure there are others I am not even aware of. Not sure which is available in RSA. Assistance is greatly appreciated
    1) HW44 FAC
    2) Edgun leshy
    3) FX Ranchero
    4) Benjamin marauder
    5) Gamo compact - not sure on the build quality of accuracy?
    6) Ataman AP16

Sharp Shooter
    Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

Forget the gamo compact. It’s a single pump pneumatic meant as a budget 10m pistol, that shoots light pellets at 350-400fps with none of the adjustability you want. Mine was okayish accuracy wise, but you can only use open sights, so that’ll be the limiting factor there.

For me it’d be between the first two on your list with the Leshiy being my choice for no other reason than I want one ;P That said it is exceptionally adjustable and you can change the caliber very easily if your initial choice turns out to be wrong in the long run. I like the little cylinder ‘stock’ as I suck at actual pistol shooting. Weihrauch will have a better trigger I’m sure, and probably as accurate, your pistol skills notwithstanding. Likely to be less adjustable and you’re stuck with the caliber you initially pick.

So it all depends on what you find most important-Choices!

Prof. Jan Itor

User Info Menu

Leshiy a pistol?

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Its not a bullpub, so i guess it 's a pistol with stock or a rifle

Sharp Shooter
    Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

It’s a mongrel, but more pistol than rifle or bullpup.
    Haha, at 50% of the reason I like it is that it isn’t an out and out pistol. Nothing quite as shit as wobbling away with a pistol, knowing you’re too kak with it to actually reliably hit anything.

Prof. Jan Itor

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jan Buks View Post
    Its not a bullpub, so i guess it 's a pistol with stock or a rifle
    In other words a carbine.

You certainly cannot shoot a Leshiy like a pistol. For that you want the Veles.

IMO of all those the OP listed the Ranchero is the most versatile. You get a 3 step power adjuster, reversible biathlon cocking lever, 250mm FX Smooth Twist barrel, a decently adjustable two stage trigger, an array of manufacturer made tube extenders to increase shot count or to add a regulator. Very easy to make a carbine stock for it when the inevitable desire to do so strikes.