Thread: SPA GR1600W review

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Default SPA GR1600W review

Well took her to the range today and here are the results:

With Gamo Rocket 14.5 gr a average of 926.75 FPS at 27.66 foot pounds
    With Exact jumbo heavy diabolo 18.13 gr a average of 841.5 FPS at 28.51 foot pounds

Advertised FPS was 1050 with 15 gr pellets. I mentioned in the original post that it was loud but noticed today that only the first shot was loud, the rest quietened down considerably with the silencer on

Accuracy - need to bear a few things in mind - I had just shot out 200 rounds 9mm. The mozzies were killer today, stand still and they swarm. And I had a cheap shit scope on with aluminum mountings and haven't had a chance to install a stopper so scope moved back with each shot. Rifle is brand new, unserviced and hasn't been worked in yet. After 10 shots the scope had moved back 25mm so the groupings reflect that and are not bad considering.

Some pics

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Shots were taken at twenty meters and I am sure I will get far better results once I have put my other scope and mountings on. Will update when I do. After 20 shots you start to feel the recoil but it's better than some gas rams I have shot. Piston slap is also a lot quieter than others I have shot.
    All in all I am reasonably impressed and time will tell but for what I spent it is worth it.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy View Post
    Shots were taken at twenty meters and I am sure I will get far better results once I have put my other scope and mountings on. Will update when I do. After 20 shots you start to feel the recoil but it's better than some gas rams I have shot. Piston slap is also a lot quieter than others I have shot.
    All in all I am reasonably impressed and time will tell but for what I spent it is worth it.

Allo allo

You still happy with this gun?

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Kuberboef View Post
    Allo allo

You still happy with this gun?
    So far yes. Accuracy has improved with a better scope and mounts and a modded bipod. She's heavy! But she's not a plinker. Starts to hurt after a while, both the shoulder and the arms from cocking. Also can not shoot her in my back yard so reserved for range shooting only.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Added note. Some have not had nice things to say about this rifle and I understand their reasoning but this is not a rifle for plinking. I can't stress that enough. Built heavy and strong to manage that beast of a power plant it's a rifle that would serve well for PC (big ones LOL) once set up and tuned. I will probably be changing out the barrel for a better one later, either in 5.5 or 6.35