9 Sporter Field Target (SFT)
SFT differs from normal Field Target rules in the following aspects:
- 9.1 Any PCP or springer air rifle of 5.5mm calibre or less, and up to 18 ft/lb and less may be used.
- 9.2 The rifle scope magnification shall be limited to a magnification power of 12x. If a rifle scope has
- a higher magnification available, it will be turned down to 12x or any lower setting of the
- shooters choice and taped at such setting for the duration of the event.
- 9.3 The scope’s parallax or focus may be used to aid in ranging targets. The elevation and windage
- turrets on the scope may be altered during a shoot.
- 9.4 Points scoring. A hit on the faceplate of the target scores one point (1) and a knock down of the
- target scores two points (2). A complete miss scores a zero (0).
- 9.5 Shooters in the under 10 class may use bi-pods or any similar means to stabilize their aim.
- 9.6 SFT shooters will be paired together at league events.
- 9.7 Clubs may decide on the minimum age for SFT participants at any shoot