Thread: Falke Model-10

Sharp Shooter
    Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

Default Falke Model-10

This little rifle belongs to a friend of mine.
    I am not going to go into Falke's history, as it is well documented on the forum and elsewhere.

The Model 10 is the smallest rifle made by Falke and the first one in their range. It is followed by Model 20, 30, 40, 50, 60, 70, 80, 90 and 100.
    There is also one pistol the Model 33.

The model 10 and 20 is essentially the same rifle, the latter only benefiting from fore end grips which gives it in my opinion a more "real rifle" look.
    The rifle is very light, weighing in at about 1kg and has a length of 80cm. Target market with the Model 10 and 20 were obviously small boys(or girls). I can just imagine the absolute joy on a 5year old's face when receiving one of these as a birthday or Christmas present!. We can only speculate, on how many small children got started on a path of absolute love for all guns, because of receiving one of these dainty little rifles when very young.

The target market for these little rifles was also their biggest enemy I suspect! Again, no one knows how many were made and sold. What is very, very certain is that not many survived to today. I suspect most were all but destroyed by their young owners, and father time and neglect destroyed what was left when the rifle was discarded by its owner. That this particular rifle made it through the years, in the condition it is in is nothing short of a miracle!

The history of this rifle is unfortunately not known. The current owner bought it about 8 years ago at a fair in KZN. At the time he was an collector, but had no idea of the rarity of this little rifle. He never thought to ask the previous owner (an elderly gentleman) as to the history of the rifle and he cannot remember his name.

Through research and speaking to other collectors he soon discovered what a little treasure he had! Interestingly, according to him the late Oom Danie van Rensburg whom he regularly bought spares from, said he had never seen one and told him to name his price for this one
    He resisted temptation and the rifle is the center piece of his collection.

This little rifle is in remarkably good condition for its age, and I can only assume it never bought joy to a youngsters heart. It had to be hidden away and oiled for most of its life to look this good, something only an adult would have done.

According to the owner the rifle has not been opened by him, and probably not by the previous owner as well. All he does to it is wipe it down with an oily rag, and every now and then a drop of oil goes down the transfer port.

I had the privilege of shooting this little gem, and it shoots as well as the day it was built.

Before you ask, yes I have been pestering him to sell it to me for a looong time, his resolve is slowly crumbling, but so far my offers have been met with very dirty looks!

I do not think my phones camera does the rifle justice, but here goes.

Falke Model-10

Falke Model-10

Falke Model-10

Falke Model-10

Falke Model-10

Falke Model-10

Falke Model-10

Falke Model-10

Falke Model-10

Falke Model-10

Falke Model-10
    Last edited by Pellet pusher; 18-04-18 at 09:02.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Very nice and the first one i have ever seen

Sharp Shooter
    Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

If it were mine, you would get more than just one dirty look.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

From humble beginings come great things.

Protea FT Team '18/'19
    SAFTAA FT Colours '15
    MOT: Swan Air
    Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by CraigD View Post
    Very nice and the first one i have ever seen
    Me to, It must be very rare.

Sharp Shooter
    Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MikeBrews View Post
    If it were mine, you would get more than just one dirty look.
    I suspect I might get same from him Mike, so next time I will be bobbing and weaving with the offer!

Ps. Thanks CK!
    Last edited by Pellet pusher; 18-04-18 at 16:50.

Marksman

User Info Menu

These are very rare and that one is in stunning condition, Children's tinplate guns were often used and abused. Congratulations!