Thanks to all the presenters and current Protea team members for paying it forward
For those who want to set up chairgun as Heinri did some info.
I spent a couple of hours at the range yesterday doing this and my ranging. step by step below.
- shoot a 5 shot group at 30m.
- turn turret one full turn up
- shoot a 5 shot group with the same aim point. The pellets go high
- measure the height difference between the two groups
- in chairgun you go to calculate MOA per click and put in the distance of target and the height difference of the groups and the clicks for 1 turn. Then click use this value. Mine was 3.88 clicks per MOA instead of 4
- measure the space between the scope and the barrel just after the saddle of the scope. This was the only place that I could get into. Add this with half the barrel and scope OD's. my scope height is 9.37cm
- put this into chairgun as well.
- shoot over the chrony to get speed Avg of 5 shots and enter into chairgun
- correct BC to 0.022
- enter elevation to match my location.
- set zero at 30m as scope height is very high. Checked against zero of 50m and the clicks are the same.
I checked this against my current turret cap markings and what do you know they are the same. My apologies Heinri for telling you otherwise.