Thread: Fitting a gas ram to the Norica Quick

Cadet

User Info Menu

Default Fitting a gas ram to the Norica Quick

Does anyone here have any experience of fitting a gas ram to a Norica Quick .177? If so what was the part number and where did you source the gas ram from?
    I've found a gas ram with part number: GRS 194.01.001 for Norica Air rifles on Spanish and Portuguese websites but they don't specifically state that it fits the Quick, only that it's ok for most of their more recent models.
    I'm specifically looking to get the top-most power out of the Quick so I've avoided looking at UK suppliers for the time being, but if there are high power UK suppliers out there please let me know

Sharp Shooter
    The Professor

User Info Menu

Having had a look at the specs for the Quick I wouldn't waste your time and money trying to boost its output.

The extra long transfer port of the flip out breech system is going to limit the performance.

Rather get it tuned for maximum accuracy, after all a reasonable power hit on what you are aiming at is more useful than a high power miss.

Cadet

User Info Menu

Thanks for that Dale. When I got the Quick I had some idea about its shortcomings like heavy cocking action and not so good trigger. I mostly use it to bust cans at 15-20 metres with open sights and I find its really great for that. The accuracy of the rifle isn't bad, though i find that its weight gets tiring affecting accuracy after a dozen or so quick fire shots. I just love the Quick because its a great big heavy piece of metal and wood and a lot of fun to shoot. I'm really just looking to freshen up the working parts and get it firing as close to new as possible...

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sisuphos View Post
    Thanks for that Dale. When I got the Quick I had some idea about its shortcomings like heavy cocking action and not so good trigger. I mostly use it to bust cans at 15-20 metres with open sights and I find its really great for that. The accuracy of the rifle isn't bad, though i find that its weight gets tiring affecting accuracy after a dozen or so quick fire shots. I just love the Quick because its a great big heavy piece of metal and wood and a lot of fun to shoot. I'm really just looking to freshen up the working parts and get it firing as close to new as possible...

Hi There

I have owned a number of springers and eventually started tuning them myself with astonishing results. That after countless hours of research in order to get a better understanding of what makes them tick.

Power output/accuracy is the end result of all the parts working together to achieve maximum efficiency. And not just boosting it with a stronger spring/gas ram. If your seal is damaged or not fitting properly or of poor quality, then all that cocking effort is a waste of energy as most of the air will escape out the back and not be directed towards the pellet. That's just one example...

You can have the rifle "properly" tuned for power or accuracy or both without resorting to a gas ram.

Gas rams are great but when in higher powered guns the recoil can be extremely snappy and it will definitely require extreme marksmanship skills to shoot accurately, not to mention killing scopes in the process.

I have owned both but went back to springers as one can achieve the same power levels as a gas ram minus the harsh recoil if properly tuned.

Hope you find a gas ram, should you still decide to go that route

Marksman

User Info Menu

Forgot to mention that finding a pellet that fits the barrel properly is also a crucial factor in the quest for maximum efficiency. A loose fitting pellet results in loss of power and accuracy. The fit should be snug yet not overly tight.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Rashaad had a couple of gas ram's lying about a while ago.