Thread: Springer rifle upgrade

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Default Springer rifle upgrade

Is it possible to upgrade a springer air rifle? I've heard changing spring size is a no go, is that true? You see my problem is I have a Hatsan mod.55 and 95 but the 55 seems to have lost power since I got it a few months back (its was second hand and I've been using it on a daily basis). The mod.95 is overshadowing the 55 but from what I've read they should perform similarly? What could be done to improve its performance and what can I do to maintain the mod.95 so it doesn't lose its power down the line.
    Thanks

Sharp Shooter
    The Professor

User Info Menu

Have you checked it over a chronograph to ascertain whether it has lost velocity?

If we work on the assumption your rifle has not been worked on from new, it may be a case that it has settled down and smoothed out, which could give an impression of a loss of performance whereas it might have just run-in and is now performing more smoothly.

In regard of 'upgrading' all spring rifles have an optimum level of performance that the design will give.

It is better to have them tuned to get the smoothest shooting performance rather than raw power. As I said to another person on here being able to consistently hit a target with a more modest energy output is way better than a higher powered miss.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Kw2112 View Post
    Is it possible to upgrade a springer air rifle? I've heard changing spring size is a no go, is that true? You see my problem is I have a Hatsan mod.55 and 95 but the 55 seems to have lost power since I got it a few months back (its was second hand and I've been using it on a daily basis). The mod.95 is overshadowing the 55 but from what I've read they should perform similarly? What could be done to improve its performance and what can I do to maintain the mod.95 so it doesn't lose its power down the line.
    Thanks
    Get the gun too Kevin or another expert and let him "tune" it for you. There is no replacement for experience.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Where will I be able to find Kevin? Also how will I tune it to shoot smoother?

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Kw2112 View Post
    Where will I be able to find Kevin? Also how will I tune it to shoot smoother?
    Heya

Kevin is Airvolution - 0766031841
    Don't want to speak for him but he will probably ad a top hat and rear guide. This reduces vibration and twang.
    He may possibly replace the spring too, all depends what your requirements are.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Thanks again kuberboef. I'll definitely give him a call tomorrow