Thread: Piston Seals for a Norinco Air Rifle 4.5 mm

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Default Piston Seals for a Norinco Air Rifle 4.5 mm

Hi,

I'm a Newbee so sorry if I make any mistakes in describing my problem. I picked up the Norinco in not so good condition, but fairly cheaply. I already know that it isn't exactly the best air rifle ever produced. However I thought that it would be a good idea to try and be a gunsmith for a while and restore the rifle to its original condition if at all possible. I'm sanding down the stock and was surprised to find "white" wood underneath the layers of brown varnish and resin.
    My real problem is that the piston seals seem to be really perished and I have no idea where to buy new ones. I live in Rustenburg which of course doesn't help, but these days with online shopping we manage to get most things. I would appreciate some advice from anyone. Thanks. Ewenwhite.

REP: WS Airguns

User Info Menu

if I am not mistaken; the old piston seal was leather???? If so then you can get a leather seal for it, and work on the seal to fit the tube, other option is to go synthetic seal, I make Teflon seals for any of the older rifles. Contact me as per signature info.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

No sure but think these were marketed in uk as SMK B2 and parts are easily available here.
    seal is about 8 here can post a link if it's allowed by admin if not admin please remove.

B2 SMK - Airgun spares | Chambers Gunmakers - Airgun, Shotgun Rifle spares. Parts for Air Arms, BSA, Crosman, Diana, Gamo, Relum, Webley, Weihrauch and many, many more