Thread: Weihrauch HW100. Accuracy issues.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Default Weihrauch HW100. Accuracy issues.

A friend has a HW100 in 5.5mm and is having some accuracy issues. He emailed the factory and they said he could expect 20-22 mm groups at 30 meters. This does not sound right. Does anyone have the same experience with this caliber? Is it a tuning issue?

Protea FT Team '18/'19
    SAFTAA FT Colours '15
    MOT: Swan Air
    Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

Speak to old fart Mike Brews on this forum.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Hi. I had the same issue with my HW100 in 5.5mm. With S&O and Alan’s assistance, got Weihrauch to send a new barrel. And what a barrel!
    On my request they sent the fully shrouded barrel known as FSB. It’s a completely different barrel. If memory serves me correctly, it has 12 grooves not 6 as the standard barrel.

It’s shorter and much lighter too. It made the whole rifle much easier to handle in the field. Accuracy at 50m suddenly was in the 10mm class.
    Not sure why the FSB model is not readily available in SA..

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

22mm at 30m range is 2.5 moa. That's not really up to target rifle standards.

I recently shot a 0.6 moa 5 shot group with my .20 HW100T (7mm ctc at 40m). The rifle could do better if it didn't have me driving it. My boet's .177 version is even more accurate.

However, my rifle is very pellet fussy. JSB Exact .20 only. It shoots way worse than 3 moa with all the other available 0.20 pellets including H&N FTT and Baracudas. It also likes a very clean barrel.

There was apparently a batch of 5.5mm HW100 rifles in the recent past that did not shoot well but don't give up until you've cleaned your barrel, checked your action is well attached to the stock, barrel grubscrew is firm and you've tested a lot of different pellets under same range and conditions.

If it can't give you single ragged hole groups from 25 to 40m after all that then something is not right.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt View Post
    Hi. I had the same issue with my HW100 in 5.5mm. With S&O and Alan’s assistance, got Weihrauch to send a new barrel. And what a barrel!
    On my request they sent the fully shrouded barrel known as FSB. It’s a completely different barrel. If memory serves me correctly, it has 12 grooves not 6 as the standard barrel.

It’s shorter and much lighter too. It made the whole rifle much easier to handle in the field. Accuracy at 50m suddenly was in the 10mm class.
    Not sure why the FSB model is not readily available in SA..
    Ditto. A different class barrel altogether, also thanks again to Alan.

Marksman

User Info Menu

I have the 5.5 100s. 19mm groups at 100m. See prev post on this site. First one bought was a disaster. They replaced the whole rifle. New updated stock. Very impressed.