Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Advise and opinion on Hatsan compare before purchase

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Default Advise and opinion on Hatsan compare before purchase

Howzit guys
    Soooo ... Im am on a spending spree just because of its few days away to submit tax and I am getting a decent return for a change.
    So I am taking advantage and adding another rifle to the collection and I am a big Hatsan fan so I am going for that.
    I have 3 models in mind which falls very close to the price I am willing to spend and I have been doing homework and research but only getting info i already kind off know. 3 Models I am looking at is MOD 80 vs 105x Torpedo vs MOD 85.
    What I have read people rave about the 85 but dont see much on the MOD 80 like people havent really bought and comment about it which I kind of understand it is a really good power rifle. As far as I know all 3 are around the same rating at 1000fps. 105x Torpedo....I have never been a fan of under levers think because I have never really had a chance to play around with one but the 105x just somehow grabs my attention everytime I see it I dont know why.
    So I would like some advise and opinions on these rifles from people who actually experienced them or knows about them which is preffered and the pros and cons.
    Note that I mostly do long distance shooting so power to get there is the big thing yet accuracy has to be pretty decent which I am not to worried that it needs to be spot on but still decent and little consistant.
    Please guys all advise/opinions/comments will be really appreciated
    Last edited by Aidsi07; 26-06-18 at 05:14.

Sharp Shooter
    Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

Hi Adis, personally I would stay away from anything that has advertises speed. My most accurate springer at 60m was one that shot at under 800fps.
    I see from your profile you have a variety of air rifles which is awesome.
    You might not like my advise, but put the moola into savings and look out for a HW77, HW97 or Walther LGU. You won't turn back.

Sharp Shooter
    The Professor

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SnowBeast View Post
    You might not like my advise, but put the moola into savings and look out for a HW77, HW97 or Walther LGU. You won't turn back.
    Totally agree, accuracy depends on a quality rifle with quality pellets all guided with a dose of skill.

Buying high velocity crap will not get the results you want.

Rather buy quality and learn to use it and don't get hung up on velocity - the advertisers quotes of 1000fps plus are mainly to part the human/vegetable hybrids from their cash.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

I've had the striker, mod55, mod 125 and currently I own a mod95 and mod 85 and in my opinion the mod 95 is unrivaled by the rest... the 85 comes close with power but the 95 shoots smoother... Its got the perfect balance between power and accuracy

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SnowBeast View Post
    Hi Adis, personally I would stay away from anything that has advertises speed. My most accurate springer at 60m was one that shot at under 800fps.
    I see from your profile you have a variety of air rifles which is awesome.
    If I had the cash to spend on either one of those I would LOL. I know where you coming from..Look between my rifles HW30S and HW50S honestly in my opinion falls under a completely different league to all the other rifles. They are machines compared to the others. But yet I enjoy shooting the MOD 70 majority of the time. grouping shots properly with it takes some practice but that whats makes it fun to chase something which isnt the easiest. I honestly am a massive fan of Hatsans and this rifle is for casual and playing around When stuffs get serious I take out the Germans

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dale View Post
    Totally agree, accuracy depends on a quality rifle with quality pellets all guided with a dose of skill.

Buying high velocity crap will not get the results you want.

Rather buy quality and learn to use it and don't get hung up on velocity - the advertisers quotes of 1000fps plus are mainly to part the human/vegetable hybrids from their cash.
    You are correct yes and I totally agree
    Look different strokes for different folks
    Like I said I just like battling to group shots with those Hatsans makes it bit more fun and bit more challenging which makes it more enjoyable even if it takes me 8 hours to group 3 shots...3 still better than none LOL

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kw2112 View Post
    I've had the striker, mod55, mod 125 and currently I own a mod95 and mod 85 and in my opinion the mod 95 is unrivaled by the rest... the 85 comes close with power but the 95 shoots smoother... Its got the perfect balance between power and accuracy
    I have shot with a MOD 95 before now that i think about it and I totally agree it is a stunning rifle.... then again...budget... HR at home is already growling because I am buying more rifles

Marksman
    Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

If you're shooting the Mod 70 and enjoy it then stick with it. I've always loved the hatsans for their look and feel. Have you looked at getting a gas ram conversion for it?

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by The_Thomas View Post
    If you're shooting the Mod 70 and enjoy it then stick with it. I've always loved the hatsans for their look and feel. Have you looked at getting a gas ram conversion for it?
    I have considered it yes but yet I would like to keep this one as is with spring. If I could get another MOD70 then its straight gas ram so I could have both in MOD70

Protea FT Team '18/'19
    SAFTAA FT Colours '15
    MOT: Swan Air
    Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

MZE did some gas rams on Hatsans with the quatro trigger, and they were actually very nice rifles.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Howsit
    Interesting post
    Budget? or at least a ball park figure, that gives better sense than trying to help out with no set parameters
    regards
    J

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Funny enough I bought my 95 unexpectedly... we actually went to the pawn shop to look for something else and I looked at the guns... turns out they had it for a while so said I can take it for R1200 so I didn't hesitate the mod 85 I bought for R800 as well. Both guns shoot great, the 95 has shot 1000s of pellets from my hand only and it still out shoots the gamos and crossmans my friends bring

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Cor View Post
    MZE did some gas rams on Hatsans with the quatro trigger, and they were actually very nice rifles.
    MZE was good mates with my father in law and those days when i was still shooting at Durban Deep he always use to bribe me into getting my MOD70 gas rammed LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Jerkimiah View Post
    Howsit
    Interesting post
    Budget? or at least a ball park figure, that gives better sense than trying to help out with no set parameters
    regards
    J
    Look cheaper is better right LOL.. I will push R1800 if I have to

Quote Originally Posted by Kw2112 View Post
    Funny enough I bought my 95 unexpectedly... we actually went to the pawn shop to look for something else and I looked at the guns... turns out they had it for a while so said I can take it for R1200 so I didn't hesitate the mod 85 I bought for R800 as well. Both guns shoot great, the 95 has shot 1000s of pellets from my hand only and it still out shoots the gamos and crossmans my friends bring
    Lucky guy scoring them both for those prices. Also have a similiar story.... I bought my MOD70 from a guy at work because he was going to NZ he had a garage sale at work and I walked passed and checked it out not planning to buy anything and saw the rifles site sticking out under jackets.. pulled it out and and saw its a MOD 70 and it was in a showroom condition and original so I asked what his price was not expecting much luck but clearly he didnt know what this rifle actually is and he said make an offer so I took a chance and said R200 and he said take it.. I was shocked for a few days after still LOL
    Actually saw another MOD 70 today 2nd hand in a shop and still in really good condition and original and the guy said if its cash its R1000...Dont have the cash now but when tax comes and its still there Im taking it and its getting gas ram so I can have 2 MOD 70s in spring and gas ram

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

That's a bargain (for both especially the 200), I'd like to gas ram the 95 but it's a bit expensive considering I already think it shoots smooth and accurate, but I recently bought a 5.5 nitro piston and it shoots like a dream so I can imagine the 95 with a gas ram. I'm busy fixing up the 85 at the moment (shoots like a beast but wasn't in the best condition looks wise)...

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

I have 2 Hatsan air rifles at he moment.

A plastic stocked model 80 , and a "walnut" stocked model 55.

The model 80 does not have the Quatro trigger , but the model 55 does.

Both rifles are bog standard.

I purchased the mod. 55 for R1400.00 from a pawn shop because I wanted to see how good the Quatro trigger is , the Quatro trigger is indeed superior to the older plastic trigger bladed model , the model 55 was in almost brand new condition and has not been opened or worked on in any way it also came with an "el cheapo" Nikko Stirling scope , this scope has surprisingly held up and has not broken yet , not like my previously bad experiences with NS scopes.

Both these Hatsans are accurate rifles , but I will concede that they are very difficult to actually shoot accurately , technique is everything.

These Hatsans are superior to any Gamo rifle in my opinion , I have disposed of my Gamo CFX to make place for the "new" Hatsan.

In my opinion Hatsans , although a bit rough around the edges are good springers.

In my opinion it is not necessary to Gas Ram them.

Cheers.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu