Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Removing Kral Jumbo buddy bottle

  1. #1
    Sharp Shooter

    User Info Menu

    Default Removing Kral Jumbo buddy bottle

    Hi everyone,

    i am am in need of some advice please. The fill nipple on my Kral Jumbo is making a slight clicking sounds and loosening air when it clicks.

    From what I have read and understand this is what's wrong and needs to be done.

    ”Non return piston inside fill nippel is sticky. Fill nipple needs to be removed, cleaned out, lubed with silicone grease, Teflon tape on threads and reassembled. Make sure tank is completely drained of air!!”

    So I have two questions.

    1. Has anyone else ever experienced this and does the above solution sound right, how hard is this fix

    2. Does the air reservoir / buddy bottle need to be emptied? If yes how do it do that.

    Thanks.

    Admin I was going to post this in the DIY Workbench section but I dot have a tab to create new post there.
    Sign Up To Air Rifle SA Forums

  2. #2
    REP: Outdoor Pitstop
    Forum Sponsor

    User Info Menu

    Default

    When you lossen the fill nipple. The tank will empty itself through that are. Loosen slowly and let it leak out itself. Don't continue undoing the fill nipple while its leaking coz it will shoot out and air will vent out very loudly and fast.

    Don't put any oil inside that area, very important.
    Sign Up To Air Rifle SA Forums

  3. #3
    Sharp Shooter

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rashaadk View Post
    When you lossen the fill nipple. The tank will empty itself through that are. Loosen slowly and let it leak out itself. Don't continue undoing the fill nipple while its leaking coz it will shoot out and air will vent out very loudly and fast.

    Don't put any oil inside that area, very important.
    Sorry just to be clear, I WONT spray andy silicon grease into or into the nipple ones its been removed?
    Sign Up To Air Rifle SA Forums

  4. #4
    Sharp Shooter

    User Info Menu

    Default

    You can spray a bit of silicone spray on it, as long as you do not over do it and after spray wipe the excess leaving just a small layer on it
    Sign Up To Air Rifle SA Forums

  5. #5
    Sharp Shooter

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Thanks for all the advice, Wish me luck LOL
    Sign Up To Air Rifle SA Forums

  6. #6
    Sharp Shooter

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Does anyone have a video on what I need to do or perhaps know of a youtube video can watch. I have googled but not having much luck.
    Sign Up To Air Rifle SA Forums

  7. #7
    Sharp Shooter

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Just to clarify:

    Silicone grease is non flammable and is supplied as a (usually clear) grease in a tube.

    Conventional grease and oils are flammable and will spontaneously ignite when exposed to high pressure air (due to the high oxygen partial pressure).

    Silicone spray will most likely be mobilised by a flammable aerosol propellant so it should also not be used on any parts that experience high pressure air.
    Sign Up To Air Rifle SA Forums

  8. #8
    Sharp Shooter

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JXV View Post
    Just to clarify:

    Silicone grease is non flammable and is supplied as a (usually clear) grease in a tube.

    Conventional grease and oils are flammable and will spontaneously ignite when exposed to high pressure air (due to the high oxygen partial pressure).

    Silicone spray will most likely be mobilised by a flammable aerosol propellant so it should also not be used on any parts that experience high pressure air.
    Thanks for the info, I got a can of silicon grease in a spray can so that could have been a disaster, thanks again
    Sign Up To Air Rifle SA Forums

  9. #9
    Sharp Shooter

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Judd Sherrin View Post
    Thanks for the info, I got a can of silicon grease in a spray can so that could have been a disaster, thanks again

    If the can says it is ok for use on high pressure fittings then maybe they used an inert gas like nitrogen as propellant but if the can lists the propellants as flammable hydrocarbons such as butane or propane or their derivatives or if it has a flammability warning symbol on it then be careful.
    Sign Up To Air Rifle SA Forums

  10. #10
    Sharp Shooter

    User Info Menu

    Default

    I checked and the can is flammable so I am going to have to find some new grease. Ahhh I am glad I found ththis s out sooner than later.
    Sign Up To Air Rifle SA Forums

  11. #11
    Sharp Shooter

    User Info Menu

    Default

    I might tackle this tomorrow so if am still open to all advice and suggestions. Thanks
    Sign Up To Air Rifle SA Forums

  12. #12
    Sharp Shooter

    User Info Menu

    Default

    OMG I can't find any one with the liquid/gel silicone grease where I live. All I can find it the can I got. Do you think it will be fine? I will spray a tiny amount and make sure to wipe off all excess. Any alternatives to the silicone grease?




    Sign Up To Air Rifle SA Forums

  13. #13
    Sharp Shooter

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Molykote 111, made by Dow Corning. Pricey though and might have to special order from someone in "chemical" trade.
    Sign Up To Air Rifle SA Forums

  14. #14
    Sharp Shooter

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Judd Sherrin View Post
    OMG I can't find any one with the liquid/gel silicone grease where I live. All I can find it the can I got. Do you think it will be fine? I will spray a tiny amount and make sure to wipe off all excess. Any alternatives to the silicone grease?





    After spraying parts, leave them to stand a while before reassembly. This will give time for any residual propellant to evaporate fully. Should be ok. You only need very light lubrication for things like O-rings, they shouldn't be swimming in grease
    Sign Up To Air Rifle SA Forums

  15. #15
    Sharp Shooter

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Thanks for all the advice. Wish me luck
    Sign Up To Air Rifle SA Forums


Similar Threads

  1. Regulating a Kral Jumbo
    By Judd Sherrin in forum Airgun Discussions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-07-18, 20:48
  2. SOLD: Kral puncher jumbo
    By Rashaadk in forum Outdoor Pitstop Archive
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 22-09-17, 11:44
  3. KRAL PUNCHER JUMBO
    By Dallas in forum Airgun Discussions
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 16-05-17, 16:51

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Friends of Air Rifle SA