Thread: What bottle does this filling station use?

Marksman

User Info Menu

Default What bottle does this filling station use?

Heya Guys,

Last year I bought an air rifle, and with it I got a filling adapter/station excluding the hose.

This doesn't seem to fit on my scuba tank though and I am struggling to find information on this from the internet.

To me it looks like it fits on oxygen bottles?

This thing is brand new (even still has plastic cover on the pressure gauge).... Would be such a pity if I had to buy another filling station.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

"The most common type of cylinder valve connector is the K-Valve which is the most common valve on Scuba Cylinders in the US and areas around the US. The regulator first stage attaches to the K-Valve using a yoke A-clamp fitting which we will get to later."
    "International/Yoke: Also known as the A-clamp, Yoke fitting or International fitting is most commonly used with the K-Valve cylinder, and clamps on to the outside of the valve with a sealing O-ring that mates with the cylinders valve, and the assembly can be tightened from the outside using a tightening screw. The O-ring in this kind of fitting is exposed and visible, and was originally designed for lower pressures but can withstand up to 232 bar"

https://www.leisurepro.com/blog/scub...-scuba-valves

Protea FT Team '18/'19
    SAFTAA FT Colours '15
    MOT: Swan Air
    Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

You just need the insert that fits inside the valve on the tank and then use it on a 200 or 232bar cylinder. Try Divetek. Cylinder Inserts | Divetek | Scuba Store | SHOP NOW

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Cor View Post
    You just need the insert that fits inside the valve on the tank and then use it on a 200 or 232bar cylinder. Try Divetek. Cylinder Inserts | Divetek | Scuba Store | SHOP NOW
    Is it safe for 300 bar? Because I will be pairing it with a 300 bar 1,4 liter carbon fiber tank.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Windstar View Post
    Is it safe for 300 bar? Because I will be pairing it with a 300 bar 1,4 liter carbon fiber tank.
    Looks like I will need something like this:

Sonar DIN to Yoke Fill Adapter - The Scuba Doctor Dive Shop

Seems to be rated for 300 bar, I just read from Jan Frederick's article that those adapters are rated for 232 bar because the O-ring is exposed.

Protea FT Team '18/'19
    SAFTAA FT Colours '15
    MOT: Swan Air
    Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

I do not think using adaters and spacers to allow fitting a 232Bar fill station to a 300 bar cylinder is a good idea. Then again, plenty of us fill 200bar pcp's using 300bar cylinders. Go figure.

Personally, I would replace the fill station. Just make sure you get the DIN fitting for 300 bar.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Personally I would also replace the fill station to a 300bar DIN version. Your safe alternative is to fill your 300bar bottle to only 232 bar. That way you will not exceed safe working loads/pressures for your yoke style fill station and adapters.

Note that the blurb that went with the various adaptor items linked by others makes clear that the adapters are designed/intended to allow a 300bar cylinder to be filled by a conventional 200/232 bar supply which is far more commonly found. They are not designed to allow 200/232 bar fittings to be operated at 300bar.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

I will happily take it if you want to sell it

Marksman

User Info Menu

I am buying this bottle tomorrow as a sort of "top up" bottle and it is a very good price.

Is that a male din valve? So for my 232 bar cylinder I need a din valve/fitting but the fitting should be male, and for the carbon bottle I need a male to female adapter to then be able to use it on my filling station?

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

No, that is a painball valve (That has been dropped on the valve - you can see the dent).I think that you will have to replace the valve assembly if possible
    I could be wrong though - never tried it.

REP: Outdoor Pitstop
    Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

That specific tank from ninja is designed to let output pressure be 300 bar. The fill nipple on the side intake is also 300 bar. For you to refill your air rifle you will need an adaptor that fits ontop of the tank (universal fill adaptor) im currently sold out on it.