Thread: New to Nitro Piston air rifles

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Default New to Nitro Piston air rifles

Hi guys ive been reading up alot about the Nitro Piston air rifles to be honest a week ago i didnt even know they existed , i has a PCP in 5.5 and sold it again due to all the niggles surrounding PCPs - like just wanting to go shoot something quickly and having to put air in first and just when shooting gets fun having to refill again - So now i found out about the Nitro Piston air rifles and the idea looks very interesting but my knowledge is limited so can someone please point me in the right direction - i had a look at the Artemis S1000 but if there is better out there or someone who wants to sell one in good condition please let me know ! And the other thing is 5.5mm better than 4.5 mm ?
    Thanks in advance

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

I have the Artemis S1000 5.5mm and I've never been so satisfied with any other air rifle I've shot... I've put a Nikko Stirling Panamax 3-9x40 scope on it about 3 months back and it still holds 0 (I shoot at least 30-40 shots every day )... the gun is accurate, satisfying to shoot and problem free... I have the Hatsan 95 has ram convert which is also a pleasure to shoot... So there's 2 rifles with gas rams that impress more than any other air rifle I've shot

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Hi thanks for the reply , if i may ask what kind of groupings do you get and how far is the Artemis stil lethal on lets say rock pigeons ? What type of speed does it shoot out of the box and did you have it tuned at all ?
    Last edited by Stefan76; 05-08-18 at 20:16.

Prof. Jan Itor

User Info Menu

[PSA] Proprietary gas ram technology names by manufacturer in no particular order:
    Gamo: Inert Gas Technology - IGT
    Crosman: Nitro Piston - NPS
    Hatsan : Vortex Gas Piston
    Umarex: ReAxis Gas Piston
    Cometa: Gas Power System - GPS
    Norica: Spider GRS
    Diana: N-Tec
    BSA: Gas Ram Technology - GRT
    Webley: D-Ram