Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Why join a club? (Esp Wonderboom)

  1. #1
    Inactive Member

    User Info Menu

    Default Why join a club? (Esp Wonderboom)

    I'm new to shooting and would like to know more about what joining a club would entail? I'm in the Wonderboom area so the Wonderboom one would be the most obvious one to join.

    • What are the cost? (And what are SAFTAA fees? Can't seem to find it on their site)
    • And what benefits would one have when joining? i.e. shooting facilities for practice etc? (Wonderboom specific)
    Sign Up To Air Rifle SA Forums

  2. #2
    Inactive Member

    User Info Menu

    Default

    saftaa wont let u join them if ur not in a club
    Sign Up To Air Rifle SA Forums

  3. #3
    Protea FT Team '08

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Its up to you.

    If you are just a plinker you might not need to join a club.If you want to take FT as a sport and run with it there is no other way than to join a club.
    Sign Up To Air Rifle SA Forums

  4. #4
    Sharp Shooter

    User Info Menu

    Default

    I think the main advantage for a newbie joining a club is that you can meet other more experienced guys, see what they are doing and how, learn from them etc.
    Sign Up To Air Rifle SA Forums

  5. #5
    Inactive Member

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by swordfish View Post
    I think the main advantage for a newbie joining a club is that you can meet other more experienced guys, see what they are doing and how, learn from them etc.
    And you get to rip dommie guys off (they're so sensitive, you just can't help yourself) while they're doing the usual clean sweep..again.
    Sign Up To Air Rifle SA Forums

  6. #6
    Sharp Shooter

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blankster View Post
    And you get to rip dommie guys off (they're so sensitive, you just can't help yourself) while they're doing the usual clean sweep..again.
    What is wrong with the dommies? They are the best rifles so far and Chuck also has a couple of them.
    By the way he doesn't use anything else
    Sign Up To Air Rifle SA Forums

  7. #7
    Inactive Member

    User Info Menu

    Default

    What are the fees?
    Will one be able to practice during the week at the SA Hunters site where the usual Wonderboom events are?
    Sign Up To Air Rifle SA Forums

  8. #8
    Inactive Member

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by swordfish View Post
    What is wrong with the dommies? They are the best rifles so far and Chuck also has a couple of them.
    By the way he doesn't use anything else
    LOL
    Last edited by blankster; 15-07-08 at 00:14.
    Sign Up To Air Rifle SA Forums

  9. #9
    Inactive Member

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Clubs are a great place to meet like minded people who usually share the same interests as you. Shooting being the big one. You get to see a variety of gear from the cheapest through to the most expensive. You get to try a variety of guns before forking out heaps of cash. ( Thats if the guys like to share). It is also a great way to participate in this hobby/sport/ADDICTION.

    Shoot alone die alone.
    Sign Up To Air Rifle SA Forums

  10. #10
    Protea FT Team '09/'11/'12/'15/'16
    SAFTAA FT Colours '14

    User Info Menu

    Default

    If you want to shoot FT the only way is to join a club. The facilities differ from club to club, but you will find like minded souls and in my experience willing to share all they know about the sport. I have not found a single shooter unwilling to let you have a few shots with his/her rifle. Even the Dommie guys.
    Sign Up To Air Rifle SA Forums

  11. #11
    Inactive Member

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Blankster, watch out for the newbie they know whats potting. HEheeeee!!!
    Sign Up To Air Rifle SA Forums

  12. #12
    Protea FT Team '08

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mihki View Post
    If you want to shoot FT the only way is to join a club. The facilities differ from club to club, but you will find like minded souls and in my experience willing to share all they know about the sport. I have not found a single shooter unwilling to let you have a few shots with his/her rifle. Even the Dommie guys.
    As if you dont own a Dommie
    Sign Up To Air Rifle SA Forums

  13. #13
    Marksman
    SAFTAA FT Colours '12

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Swako bel vir Casi ,0823396064
    of Nico 0825783601
    Ons sal jou help waar ons kan
    Sign Up To Air Rifle SA Forums

  14. #14
    Inactive Member

    User Info Menu

    Default

    My goodness Mihki are you still around. Are you allowed to post on the forum? You guys all disappeared from the forum, of late. Welcome back!!!
    Sign Up To Air Rifle SA Forums


Similar Threads

  1. EVENT: WONDERBOOM CLUB SHOOT
    By Zelna in forum Club News | Shooting Events | Airgun Ranges
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 16-03-19, 14:27
  2. Wonderboom FT Club AGM
    By Colonel in forum Club News | Shooting Events | Airgun Ranges
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 29-01-14, 08:27
  3. Wonderboom club
    By Nats in forum Club News | Shooting Events | Airgun Ranges
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 18-08-09, 21:57
  4. What club/federation must I/we join
    By Jokerman in forum Club News | Shooting Events | Airgun Ranges
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 31-07-09, 07:34
  5. Wonderboom club shoot
    By casi in forum Club News | Shooting Events | Airgun Ranges
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 22-06-09, 23:44

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Friends of Air Rifle SA