Thread: Anschutz Match Model LG220

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Default Anschutz Match Model LG220

Hi all

my late father in law gave this rifle to me. He used to shoot for Natal back in 1960's and possibly 1970's as well. The case he gave it to me in was made by him (as far as I can recall).

Google is only marginally useful, so wondered if anyone has any info etc to share with me?

many thanks!
    Anschutz Match Model LG220

Sharp Shooter
    Lifetime Forum Sponsor
    ARF Member Of The Year 2018

User Info Menu

beautiful piece of engineering....very accurate rifles....it has the "tongue" that lifts up inside to make inserting the pellet easier when you cock the rifle....

The Oom From T.J.O.P.S
    Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

Beautiful....

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

11 000 produced between 1959 and 1967

Springer FT World Champion '09
    Protea FT Team '19

SAFTAA FT Colours '12
    Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

Where's the Professor when you need him????

Wake up Dale!

Send a PM to Dale... he will know.

Sharp Shooter
    The Professor

User Info Menu

Unfortunately I can't offer much insight into this model as I have never owned one.

What I do know about them is they have a recoil damping device, so I would look at checking that this is still functioning correctly and all the seals are still in good order prior to using it.

Also under no circumstances try and get more power out of one of these, they are not built to take it and would suffer badly if this is attempted.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

I owned one of these, lovely rifle and was very stupid to sell it a few years back. Hold on to it and cherish it. If you ever sell it, please let me know...

Last edited by HawkI; 24-08-18 at 09:22.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Hi
    I'd like to add a little info on the Anschutz 220, indeed a quality piece of kit, way ahead of it's time. However it did have a weak spot. After a lot and I mean a heck of a lot of use, the trigger latch (part 12) wore to the extent it would no longer hold. A very good friend and gun enthusiast asked if I could make a replacement as there were no spare part 12's available from Anschutz. He supplied me with a working part 12 that I could copy. The original was a pressing and therefore out of the question to make tooling but as a precision engineer for over 50 years with a small workshop at home I decided to accept the challenge to machine a part 12. I did make a small batch from Mild steel EN1A and case hardened them. My friend tried 2 of them and proved the manufacture was successful. The word got around that I could supply the part 12's and some info and photos are available on other gun sites, (I am not too clever at adding photo's to these sites) so successful were the sales that all of that small batch has sold out, with very satisfied customers in the US, Malta, Germany, Spain and here in the UK. So to keep out of the long, hot summer we have just had, I have made another batch which has been tested and is successful. If you are in need of a replacement part 12 email me for more details and prices at hatchetts.totton@gmail.com
    KenH

Last edited by KenH; 24-09-18 at 22:03. Reason: Photos