Thread: Restored old breakneck...

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Default Restored old breakneck...

Hi all,

I recently restored an old air rifle that was thrown out with a cracked stock and kak in the barrel.

Thing is, I dont have a clue what make it is. It has no serial numbers on it and it is from the iron sights era. The breakneck mechanism is of the old era regarding decocking the rifle by pulling the trigger and letting the barrel return to its original position.

Perhaps some of you may help me with identifying it.

Kind regards
    SLarratt

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Default Info needed

Hi all,

I am just wondering what covering is called that is missing in the pic? Where can I get a new one?

Sharp Shooter
    Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

Looks like a Chinese B1. Look on the barrel, opposite side to the one photo, just under the rear sight for some markings.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Thank you for very much. I can't find tags anywhere.

The back sight.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

I just looked up the B1. Looks like you nailed it. I'm surprised they never engraved the manufacturer details on in and just etched the details on as it appears on the Internet. The details just rubbed off over time i guess. I had to replace the front sight with a gamo fiber optic. Only sight I knew where to find. She fires fine. Now i just need that back piece to replace it. What is it called? I just wanna know what to call it when i phone a gunsmith or air rifle wholesaler for that spare part.

Sharp Shooter
    Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SLarratt View Post
    Hi all,

I am just wondering what covering is called that is missing in the pic? Where can I get a new one?
    I have no idea what the official name is but I would call it the action end cap, action rear end cap, or something similar. I highly doubt you will be able to get a new one. I do not know of anyone who stocks parts for these rifles. Rashaad at Outdoor Pitstop might be able to a source a service kit for you but I think that's about it. You might find one secondhand so try posting a wanted add and see what pops up.

Quote Originally Posted by SLarratt View Post
    I'm surprised they never engraved the manufacturer details on in and just etched the details on as it appears on the Internet. The details just rubbed off over time i guess.
    The B1 is as cheap as it gets in terms of air rifles and is built to a very specific (very low) price point. Many people consider these air rifles to be disposable so adding engraving would just add to the cost and at this price point holds no benefit for the manufacturer or customer.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Thank you for assistance.

It will serve the purpose for teaching my son to shoot. I'll just forget about finding the "action end cap" and just make a plan.

Even if it is a "disposable" air rifle. I do still want to make the stock look good.

Furthermore, where can I get a chrono on it in Jhb and at what cost?

Are there any other air rifles that look similar to the b1? Could this be another b model?

My expertise is in swords and knives etc... So I really do appreciate the assistance.