Thread: Daystate Red Wolf HP 5.5mm or FX Crown with X barrel in 5.5mm

Marksman

User Info Menu

Default Daystate Red Wolf HP 5.5mm or FX Crown with X barrel in 5.5mm

I have been reading up on both air rifles and cant make up my mind on which to go for. For those who own these air rifles can you advise regarding accuracy, reliability, ease of fine tuning, access to spares etc. What would you buy and why? Does either offer some critical advantages over the other? Speaking to those holding agencies yields the same answer on either side of the fence "mine is the best" thus I would like to get unbiased opinions before I commit to dropping a load of cash on one.
    Last edited by RakerX16; 21-08-18 at 23:19.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

I'm not sure you will ever get an unbiased opinion. Both rifles are excellent but have different technology. Probably end up on what you prefer. Don't discount the feel and fit of the stock.

By the way, go for FX. They are the best.

The Oom From T.J.O.P.S
    Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

Brocock Commander............my choice.....

Sharp Shooter
    WP HFT/Open Champ '16
    WP HFT/Springer Champ '17
    Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

Having owned an FX and currently owning two Daystates... go for the Daystate, reliability you will never regret, the FX just has too many niggly things going wrong, both are excellent long distance shooters.

MRP

User Info Menu

Crown walnut I can do for 26500, red wolf will be close to 50k! And yes way different rifles.

And fyi the fx rifles only come with smooth twist barrels, the x liner needs to be purchased separately.

Both are a nightmare for spare parts, if it's a major part you will wait months for it. Crown is more bang for the buck, that being said owning a red wolf is a statement, like owning a Ferrari.