Thread: SPA P12 valve dump

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Default SPA P12 valve dump

Help required please. I recently received a Scorpion P12 with factory fitted regulator which suddenly dumped the cylinder after a shot. Pressure was still ~100 bar at the time.
    It was impossible to refill in spite of it being cocked with air leaking past the valve into the barrel.
    A quick easy disassembly showed a partially unscrewed brass "nozzle" on the front end of the regulator, loose and freely rotating by hand.
    This I screwed in hand tight.
    Refilled to 100 bar and viola, no gas leak
    BUT The valve is now not opening on the hammer release and I am sitting with a 100 bar pressurized cylinder unable to empty it!
    Any ideas on the way forward?

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Got it thanks.
    Loosened off the pressure gauge.

REP: Froggy Custom Silencers

User Info Menu

The screw in front of the regulator is the reg pressure adjustment screw, it should not be tight. It critical that it's in the correct position for regulator set pressure. A 1/4 turn or less can vary reg pressure by 10 bar.
    It is turned in to decrease pressure and out to increase pressure in the plenum.
    If the rifle is leaking through the barrel it can only be the valve poppet that's leaking.
    Factory set regulator is at 130 bar.. Total regulator length with the adjustment screw in should be 46.6mm measured with a vernier.
    Last edited by Froggy; 21-09-18 at 20:42.

User Info Menu

If the screw is turned in all the way the regulator will lock... The plenum won't get any pressure. If you fire a shot it'll be like dry firing a empty rifle, no air will escape.
    Factory setting is about 2 and 5/6 turns out from all the way in.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Froggy View Post
    If the screw is turned in all the way the regulator will lock... The plenum won't get any pressure. If you fire a shot it'll be like dry firing a empty rifle, no air will escape.
    Factory setting is about 2 and 5/6 turns out from all the way in.
    Thank you Froggy. I eventually gathered that but the fitting appears to be too free turning. It seemed to have spontaneously turned inwards reducing the plenum pressure to such an extent that there wasn't enough plenum pressure on the valve, hence the dumping. It continued to leak air on filling in spite of the hammer spring being cocked.
    Too far out and it wont regulate. The factory setting was what i needed.
    Any chance you know who the agents are, I need to replace the cylinder pressure gauge?

User Info Menu

Pellet Gun
    Just a dab of blue locktite on the thread will keep it secured.
    Rather remove the regulator. I find the regs troublesome and the plenum is to small for a proper reg setup.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Froggy View Post
    Pellet Gun
    Just a dab of blue locktite on the thread will keep it secured.
    Rather remove the regulator. I find the regs troublesome and the plenum is to small for a proper reg setup.