Thread: HW100-KT vraag?

Marksman

User Info Menu

Default HW100-KT vraag?

Jammer dat ek dit in Afrikaans doen , net makliker vir my.
    Ek het n Hw100kt met die 300mm loop. Skiet jsb 8,44gr teen so 800ft/s. Geniet hom baie en is baie akuraat. Het gewonder as ek die 400mm loop en groter ( air tank) opsit. Sal ek dan n swaarder pellet kan skiet teen +- die selfde spoed sonder om iets anders te verander. En waar kan ek so loop koop en groter (air tank)? Ek gebruik geweer 90% vir jag so het gedink as ek so bietjie meer slaan krag kan kry en meer skote sal dit goed wees.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Groter tank kan nie jou spoed verander nie.
    You are close to the sweet spot in terms of accuracy at 800 fps.
    For a heavier pellet to go as fast or faster you will have to get the rifle tuned.
    I would stay where you are as accuracy wins.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Verstaan groter tenk gaan spoed vinniger maak nie maar gaan meer skote kry. Met die 300mm loop kan ek nie n groter tenk opsit nie anders gaan hy teen die Kneldemper raak. Ek wil net weet of as ek n 400mm loop opsit sal my spoed hor wees. En dan kan ek miskien die 10gr jsb teen die selfe spoed skiet. Wil nie vinniger skiet nie.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Your HW100KT with 300mm barrel is a 12 ft.lb model. Fitting a longer 400mm barrel might give a small increase in muzzle velocity because it will use the air more efficiently. However; driving the JSB Exact Heavy at same 800 fps will require 15ft.lb.....almost 25% more energy. For that you will most likely need to also adjust hammer spring preload (under the cover plate at the rear of the action).

The FAC versions of the HW100 in .177 have 600mm barrels and shoot JSB Exact Heavy very nicely at over 900 ft/s (over 20 ft.lb) but they have bigger air tanks and only give about 40 to 50 shots per fill. They use a lot more air per shot.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

My HW100 is set at 930 fps and I am shooting JSB Exact 8.44 (4.52mm) and getting good results at 30m. I don't need olympic groupings for what I use the rifle for.

The extra speed/energy helps with my pest control business.
    Last edited by Rotorbug; 29-09-18 at 14:55. Reason: Spelling

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rotorbug View Post
    My HW100 is set at 930 fps and I am shooting JSB Exact 8.44 (4.52mm) and getting good results at 30m. I don't need olympic groupings for what I use the rifle for.

The extra speed/energy helps with my pest control business.

Hello Rotorbug ,

You can try JSB monster 13.4gr on your HW100 with the velocity around 850fps.
    the impact is very good compare to other pellets. On my HW100 the it deliver good accuracy at 30meter.

thanks