Thread: Cannot fill Hw100 with pump...

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Default Cannot fill Hw100 with pump...

Hi there everyone. I tried filling my hw100 with my hand pump but the air just seems to gather in the hose and stays in the pump. The pressure rises on the hand pump gauge but stays the same on the cylinder. I've pumped it up to about 230bar put the air won't go into the cylinder of the gun. I've cocked the gun, took the cylinder out and also emtied the cylinder in trying to pump it up but nothing.

When filling with a dive bottle it fills fine. It can easily pump up the kral jumbo also with a 200bar fill. Any ideas what might be wrong?
    Any of you got a 3 or 4 stage pump they don't use? Lol

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

So the pump can fill other rifles and the HW100 can be filled using a dive cylinder. It must be an issue with the fill probe you are using between pump and rifle. It may be blocked or if any quick-connect (Foster?) fittings are being used then one of them has a built-in valve that is not opening when coupled, or is fitted in reverse or not coupling fully so the valve doesn't open.

If you can post some pics of the system we might be able to help a bit more.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Will upload photos when I get a chance thanks. I'm used the same probe and adapter for female coupling to both pump and dive bottle. When connected to the pump and pumping I can feel air coming out where it is supposed to. So I dont know. Lol

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Roland View Post
    Will upload photos when I get a chance thanks. I'm used the same probe and adapter for female coupling to both pump and dive bottle. When connected to the pump and pumping I can feel air coming out where it is supposed to. So I dont know. Lol

Ok that's a bit weird. Maybe the male connector on dive bottle and pump are a bit different and when the probe is fitted to the pump it partially disconnects under pressure. Pumping a HW100 is quite hard work anyway. BTDT