Thread: Info on air rifles

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Default Info on air rifles

Hi

I was wondering if anybody can give me a view on the quality of Beeman and Stoeger air guns. Specifically the ones that already have a gas ram fitted by the manufacturer in a 5.5mm caliber. I have no experience on these.

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

There are many beeman and stoeger rifle models. What models do you have??

REP: WS Airguns

User Info Menu

Why 5.5mm?
    In my experience, I have found no spring or gasram 5.5mm to be a pleasure to shoot.
    4.5mm and 5mm are king in those powerplants

Sharp Shooter
    The Professor

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by wimpie swart View Post
    In my experience, I have found no spring or gasram 5.5mm to be a pleasure to shoot.
    Interesting.

Whilst I can't comment on the Beeman/Stoeger guns mentioned above, my experience with spring and gas-ram (Theobens and HW90) running at UK legal sub 12ft.lbs power generally the 5.5mm are pleasanter to shoot as the heavier pellet doesn't need such a hefty 'kick up the backside' to achieve the velocity to make the power limit as the lighter 4.5mm.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

I beg to differ, I have a 5.5 Artemis nitro piston (manufacturer fitted gas ram) rifle and it's easily 1 of the best rifles I've shot and I also own 4.5 gas ram, co2 riflle and a pcp and I still love my 5.5 nitro... in relation to the initial post I think (not 100% sure) that Artemis is similar to stoeger and they both from China? (Correct me if I'm wrong)

REP: WS Airguns

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dale View Post
    Interesting.

Whilst I can't comment on the Beeman/Stoeger guns mentioned above, my experience with spring and gas-ram (Theobens and HW90) running at UK legal sub 12ft.lbs power generally the 5.5mm are pleasanter to shoot as the heavier pellet doesn't need such a hefty 'kick up the backside' to achieve the velocity to make the power limit as the lighter 4.5mm.
    100% with you on the sub 12ft/lbs rifles being a pleasure, but here normally the 5.5mm rifles are setup for BIG BOOM, and there in lies the problem for me.

Sharp Shooter
    The Professor

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by wimpie swart View Post
    100% with you on the sub 12ft/lbs rifles being a pleasure, but here normally the 5.5mm rifles are setup for BIG BOOM, and there in lies the problem for me.
    Ah yes, rifles built to cater for the human/vegetable hybrid market who think high velocity goes hand in hand with dick length.

The main feature of such high velocity rifles is the ability to allow you to miss the barn door quicker.

Joking aside, a spring or gas ram rifle if designed, built and set up for a sensible higher power level - 16-22 ft.lbs will also usually be quite nice to shoot.