Thread: Weihrauch hw100 cylinder Repair

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Default Weihrauch hw100 cylinder Repair

Hi there. I hope someone can help me. I bought a second hand weirauch hw100 and it was topped up with air, so I was happy it held air.
    The next day after shooting too about a 100bar, my troubles started. Couldn't fill it with my handpump after trying everything. Took it to bnt for a fill and they could only get to a 150bar. So my issue had to be my handpump. Stripped it and gave it a service. Still couldn't fill it up. Took it to bnt again. They couldn't fill it.

So the issue lies with the cylinder; the inlet valve or an o-ring maybe.

Now, after this good intro my questions:
    1. How much would a service cost more or less?
    2. Who can I contact, that will be able, willing and reliable?
    3. If it can not be fixed where will I get a new one?
    4. How much would that cost me?

Thanks in advance

REP: Outdoor Pitstop
    Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

Closest person to take it to for you is Louis at airgun warehouse.

Protea FT Team '18/'19
    SAFTAA FT Colours '15
    MOT: Swan Air
    Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

Take it to Wyan on this forum, he is very reasonable with his repairs and does very good work.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Thanks you Rashaad. You are the best and most honest bussinessman I know. Outdoor pitstop NR1. I've phoned Louis he will help me tomorrow. Thanks a million.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

If you find a source for new/replacement HW air tanks I would be keen to join in a group buy if that helps to make it more viable. Mine leaks slowly from the fill port and my boet's one is the old type that doesn't have the quick fill port. It must be unscrewed to fill it and over the years this has damaged the threads so I'd like to upgrade the front end on that one.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Jxv I will let you know as soon as I find a source. The only place I know of that sell cylinders is safari outdoor. I think pelletguns.com has a quick fill adapter for the old hw100.

Springer FT World Champion '09
    Protea FT Team '19

SAFTAA FT Colours '12
    Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JXV View Post
    If you find a source for new/replacement HW air tanks I would be keen to join in a group buy if that helps to make it more viable. Mine leaks slowly from the fill port and my boet's one is the old type that doesn't have the quick fill port. It must be unscrewed to fill it and over the years this has damaged the threads so I'd like to upgrade the front end on that one.
    Upgrading the old ones is not viable. This according to Hans Weihrauch who 'refused' to allow me to upgrade my non-quick fill HW cylinder. I was sent a QF version rather than any form of 'kit'.

Hence, I don't think that kits are available from the factory. (CMIIAW)

Maybe there's an AM supplier but probably not OEM.

I suggest doing a group import of anything like that.

Whatever you do, it's going to cost lank dorrah!

Protea FT Team '15
    REP: Daystate/Brocock Accredited Technician

User Info Menu

Try. http://www.hw100tuning.co.uk, normal leaks I can fix

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Speak to Allan he has plenty hw100 spares and his work on those gunsis 1 st class I think he can rebuild one blind folded (082) 851-9585

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Thank you everyone for replying. I took the cylinder to Louis and Chris @ Airarms. They were very helpful and also gave some good advice. Like it always is, I took it all the way from Parys to Alberton just to see it fill up. So I bought an air cylinder. Will shoot tomorrow and see if the problem persists.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Hi Seadog. Can you please tell me where Allan is based? I am possitive that there is something wrong with the inlet valve. Now it doesn't close. I filled it about 15 times from empty where it only closed twice. So, ja, will also have to refill my 3lt dive cylinder. I am very f@##$% dissappointed and frustrated in this piece of kak wall ornament at the moment. It's only costing me money.

REP: Outdoor Pitstop
    Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Roland View Post
    Hi Seadog. Can you please tell me where Allan is based? I am possitive that there is something wrong with the inlet valve. Now it doesn't close. I filled it about 15 times from empty where it only closed twice. So, ja, will also have to refill my 3lt dive cylinder. I am very f@##$% dissappointed and frustrated in this piece of kak wall ornament at the moment. It's only costing me money.

Message Allan 0828519585

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Sorted! Just thought I'd share if someone might have a similar issue in the future. Valve wouldn't open and close properly because the o rings were too big.
    Thank you Allan!