Thread: Hatsan Model-70

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Default Hatsan Model-70

Hi guys
    I bouhgt this 2nd hand Hatsan mod70 for a great prize, and considered the whole downtuning mission. Already added the muttoncloth to the stock helping a lot with the sound issue. But now i have other concerns. The Hatsan is supposed to be around 1000fps , but shooting it through the chrono i found an avarage of 780fps , needless to say this comes with a heck of a recoil and some good noice. Now the question is, if i do the downtuning for accuracy and less recoil, how wil this affect the speed. Is this standard speed or could there be something wrong?

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Do you have the old version with the quarto trigger or the newer model? My boss wanted a cheap air rifle and I got one of the newer ones for him. We chronied it and if was averaging around 1080fps. The harsh recoil of yours and the low velocity tells me your piston seal is ISFM. Fortunately for you, these seals are not hard to find and are cheap as chips. So get a new seal and downtune your rifle. You'll be alot happier with the performance.

REP: WS Airguns

User Info Menu

Jip, sounds like piston and maybe breech seals needs to be replaced. I have worked on many Hatsan springers, and they are way better after spring and trigger tune.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

This is a Hantsan model 70 quatro trigger. Any idea where i can find or order the seals and spring from?
    Last edited by AMPLITUDE; 14-10-18 at 22:24.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

I have a guy in PE, he has spares for most hatsan models. I'm sure he'll postnet them to you if you ask nicely lol. Pm me for his details.

REP: WS Airguns

User Info Menu

Speak to Rashaad @ Outdoorpitstop

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Hi guys, an update on my detuning of the Hatsan Mod70. First ,thanks Rashaad for the spares delivered, especialy the mainspring. Spot on!
    After the spring and main seal was changed , the recoil and noise was much better. The speed was av. 750fps. I then added a washers and the speed is settling around 785fps avarage. Accuracy is yet to be seen, will update after attaching a scope