Thread: Hawke Optics

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Default Hawke Optics

Hi everyone,

I need to brag a little and also ask for advise. This is not so much airgun related but more scope related. I am very happy with the scope I have on my CZ200s.

I won a Hawke Vantage 4-16x50 SF IR through wildland magazine last week, I am obviously very stoked about that. I put the scope on my 7x57 hunting rifle. The 7x57 had a Nikon Monarch 2.5-10x50 on it. Now I have been sitting with a .22 BRNO with a crappy scope, and I was wondering if I should put the Nikon scope on there or should I sell the Nikon scope and get a more .22 specific scope, like a hawke or something similar.

What scopes would you guys suggest?

I also refinished my .22's stock today, it came out pretty good I think.

Looking forward to any advise.

Regards,

Hennie

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

I would put it on the .22lr.
    But the 50 objective will look big on it.

Sharp Shooter
    Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

I'd say keep it as it is a really good scope, although 50 objective is rather large for the purpose.
    I have a little Bushnell 3-9x38 on my Brno which works well and looks a little more in place.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Thanks guys, I have decided to put the Hawke scope on my .22. What silencer would you guys suggest for a .22

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DSF View Post
    I'd say keep it as it is a really good scope, although 50 objective is rather large for the purpose.
    I have a little Bushnell 3-9x38 on my Brno which works well and looks a little more in place.

SDF, that is a beautiful .22 you have. Looks like you have a Hog reflex silencer on it. Does it work well for you? Does it silence high velocity ammo to an extent as well?

Sharp Shooter
    Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

It is indeed a Hog reflex. I like the Hog because it is modular so you can add more volume should you want/need to. They work really well. High velocity ammo will still produce some sonic boom as it leaves the barrel at supersonic speed, therefore the silencer does not really silence the ammo more like suppressing the noise of expanding gas as it escapes the barrel. I hardly ever shoot high velocity ammo out my .22 so can't say how much it suppress supersonic pressure versus subsonic pressure. I can tell you though that I use Hogs on my .303British pushing 180gr bullets at around 2400fps and on my 6.5 Swedish pushing 140gr's @2600fps and they do a superb job in taming noise & recoil.