Thread: SAFTAA - A way Forward

Sharp Shooter
    Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

Default SAFTAA - A way Forward

We are all painfully aware that our sport is not growing in leaps and bounds. So here are a couple of ideas that have been thrown around to make the sport more interesting and to up the ante for better shooting.

This thread is for everyone to contribute ideas that will make our leagues more competitive but also bring in some fun.

1. Inter club challenge at the league shoot. the three top scores to count from each club for bragging rights only.
    2. A lucky draw for a small prize. Each person who enters gets a number, and at prize giving, a draw is made. - I am looking for sponsors.
    3. The continuation of the Protea challenge. - I am looking for a sponsor for pellets for this.

Everyone is welcome to either post their ideas or contact me direct. I want to know what you the shooter wants to make shooting more challenging as well as fun.

My shooting is so bad that at my return league at ERARC, I scored 0 in FT and 16% in SFT. So I go for the fun and social part of FT. Now that I am back on the committee, I have an excuse as I will be promoting the sport, and you, the shooter, needs to help me.

All ideas are welcome, contact me privately or publicly.

Happy Shooting

Kind regards

Mike

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Promote 5.5 18fpe

Protea FT Team '18/'19
    SAFTAA FT Colours '15
    MOT: Swan Air
    Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
    Promote 5.5 18fpe
    You are more than welcome to come shoot with that kit in the SFT division. See SAFTAA rule below.

9 Sporter Field Target (SFT)SFT differs from normal Field Target rules in the following aspects:
    9.1 Any PCP or springer air rifle of 5.5mm calibre or less, and up to 18 ft/lb and less may be used.

Protea FT Team '17
    SAFTAA FT Colours '16
    Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

Mike, in the UK, I've seen them have the 'golden bunny'. Everyone that hits it goes into a draw for a small prize. I'll donate a packet of chomps for the winner till Nationals 2019 if this finds favour. Don't have to copy the Poms, we could put our own ZAR flavour on it. The green n gold bokkie of something.

Protea FT Team '15
    REP: Daystate/Brocock Accredited Technician

User Info Menu

Hi Mike

A lot of investigation/research was done by Roelof in the past, why the sport doesn't grow, I suggest you get in touch with him and implement what he suggests or address the issues that were raised.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by wyan View Post
    Hi Mike

A lot of investigation/research was done by Roelof in the past, why the sport doesn't grow, I suggest you get in touch with him and implement what he suggests or address the issues that were raised.

It would be interesting to read that report...