Thread: Full circle , Starting and ending at CZ200S

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Default Full circle , Starting and ending at CZ200S

In around 2001 I saw a CZ200s for the first time, I took 2 shots with it and was amazed. having grown up with BSA and Gamo springers the lack of recoil and accuracy was amaizing. I slowly started getting into air rifles, going from a 1000 fps springer to a TX 200 to a BSA PCP, Daystate Airwolf MVT ( the last 3 all great rifles) , I ended up with what I now think is the ideal Air rifle, a CZ 200S.

It does everything I want from an airrifle, I butchered the stock so the kids can also use it.
    Is the answer truly that simple, the Hilux of airguns, the CZ?

Prof. Jan Itor

User Info Menu

The CZ200 range is definitely an excellent platform with many modification paths available, imho it's the Nissan 1400 of PCPs.
    The Hilux would be the HW100 series.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

CK, normally I would bow to your superior knowledge, but I think you got it wrong here, the HW100 could be the Land Cruiser, but just looking at the sheer numbers of CZ's sold, around here, most PCP owners in the Northern Cape don't even know that other make of PCP's exist.
    The other day I walked into a shop that doesn't even sell PCP's and saw a CZ silinder and a couple mags on a shelf, parts for it are everywhere. And where a S400 is a beautiful rifle with a stock that you don't want to scratch, the CZ just gets on with it.

Marksman
    Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

The CZ 200 is normally where it all begins.

I was over invested in springers and one night my son introduced me to a 2nd hand 200T that his friend had for sale.

I vehemently refused the offer as I felt at the time I was spending to much on air rifles (mercifully I know better - that one cannot ever spend to much on air rifles)

This was the first PCP I ever set eyes on and my eventually I had to just take one shot .

That was it! - The dreaded PCP Blight set in and the rest is history.

Over the short time I have been involved in air rifle activities I have owned and sold 3 x CZ 200s and there is always space for another one in my safe.

I am not familiar with the HW100 series --- hmmmm.............................I feel a attack of the dreaded Blight approaching

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

"And where a S400 is a beautiful rifle with a stock that you don't want to scratch, the CZ just gets on with it." BEX is just jealous of my S400!!!