Thread: Hatsan Quattro trigger : how do they rank?

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Default Hatsan Quattro trigger : how do they rank?

How good is the Hatsan Quattro trigger compared to the rest of the triggers available? Or what would be considered a upgrade from the Quattro?

Sharp Shooter
    WP HFT/Springer Champ '15

User Info Menu

Quarto trigger can be setup to be very nice

Sharp Shooter
    The Professor

User Info Menu

The Quattro trigger is pretty good - a huge improvement over earlier Hatsan triggers. Beats the hell out of the Gamo triggers as well.

I would still rate the likes of the AA CD and HW Rekord as better then the Quattro though.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

How would I set it up?

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

I've heard about the rekord being the best... what makes it better? I've never shot a hw so I'm clueless on the trigger

Sharp Shooter
    The Professor

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Kw2112 View Post
    How would I set it up?
    Set the adjustments that give the best possible release that the trigger will provide.

If you are uncertain about tweaking the trigger get someone who has worked on them to do it for you as it is easy to make a total dogs breakfast of adjustments.

Quote Originally Posted by Kw2112 View Post
    I've heard about the rekord being the best... what makes it better? I've never shot a hw so I'm clueless on the trigger
    The HW Rekord trigger is very good, but the AA CD as fitted to the TX and Pro-Sport is better as it is more adjustable than the HW.

What makes it better - to be honest it isn't something that can easily expressed, but use a well set up example of either of the above and the difference speaks for itself.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

I think I understand though, I like my trigger a certain way, like I can pull it a bit back while aiming without it firing, then squeeze when I'm ready... I'll have to test those other 2 triggers out sometime... is the leap from the Quattro to rekord a big one though?

Sharp Shooter
    The Professor

User Info Menu

The Quattro is a pretty good trigger on a budget level rifle, but from my own experience whilst good it won't give quite as refined a release setting that the likes of the Air Arms or the Weihrauch trigger can given once well set up, so to me yes there is a significant step up.

What should also be borne in mind is the better overall quality of the Air Arms and Weihrauch rifles comes into play as well.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Yea thats also true, you can't really compare Hatsan to weirauch/AA, makes me wonder how much difference such a trigger would make on a Hatsan (if it'll justify the cost ) I think best option is to set my Quattro up nicely... I've heard about polishing contact points of a trigger and so on, what difference does that make?