Thread: 5.5mm Pellet choice for FXA Crown

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Default 5.5mm Pellet choice for FXA Crown

Hi. Can you please help.
    What pellets does the fx crown 5.5mm like the best?

Sharp Shooter
    Lifetime Forum Sponsor
    ARF Member Of The Year 2018

User Info Menu

FX rifles are designed with JSB pellets....

Protea FT Team '18/'19
    SAFTAA FT Colours '15
    MOT: Swan Air
    Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

Like Dallas said. FX has branded pellets that is made by JSB, In fact it is the normal JSB line with a different sticker on. Same as Air Arms and quite a number of other brands.

Sharp Shooter
    Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

Mine only really likes the 16gr Air arms/jsb so far, at about 870fps. It's very accurate with those. 18 and 25 grainers seem to throw a number of fliers regardless of velocity, batch etc

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Cor View Post
    Like Dallas said. FX has branded pellets that is made by JSB, In fact it is the normal JSB line with a different sticker on. Same as Air Arms and quite a number of other brands.
    Exactly the same?

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Slightly off topic here, but I can't seem to shoot jsb pellets with my BT65, they keep falling out the magazine, I've tried tge 8.44 & 10.49gr and with no success, I've even replaced the o-ring on the mag with a smaller tighter 1... I've even considered greasing the mag to keep the pellets from falling out (doubt it's a good idea though?) Any advice?

Protea FT Team '18/'19
    SAFTAA FT Colours '15
    MOT: Swan Air
    Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Kobus_ View Post
    Exactly the same?
    Yes Exactly the same, you can take my word, I visited the JSB factory with the Protea FT team in August this year and all the brands are made with the same dies. All the pellets are made and only when it gets to the packaging they are packed the same, but different labels gets put on for different brands.
    QC is the same for all pellets, there are not different dies or different Qc for different brands. The pellets get made, sorted etc and then packed. Only difference is the label on the tin.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Thanks for feedback. Iím getting mu crown next week and just wanted to know what pellets to order. Iím in the Ďplatte landí so canít by pellets here, have to order. So would jou say the jsb test tin is a good start?

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

jsb 18 and 16 grain. play with both.

Sharp Shooter
    Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Deadrest View Post
    Hi. Can you please help.
    What pellets does the fx crown 5.5mm like the best?
    Being uber adjustable out of the box the theory is that you can make any decent pellet give good performance with the Crown/Impact mechanics.
    Having said that there is a reason why JSB's are in constant demand so starting out with them is not a bad idea.

Sharp Shooter
    Lifetime Forum Sponsor
    ARF Member Of The Year 2018

User Info Menu

The FX Impact and Crown are pellet fussy. That was the reason behind the X barrel system, people were complaining bitterly about a $2000+ rifle shooting only one pellet at very high speed and power.

My Impact and others that i know well, have LW and CZ barrels fitted. They are now extremely accurate and not so pellet or power fussy. I think there is still some research and work to be done on the barrel systems. I'm sure they will come right. At least i hope so.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

- - - Updated - - -

Arrived today. Canít wait to test!

Sharp Shooter
    Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dallas View Post
    The FX Impact and Crown are pellet fussy. That was the reason behind the X barrel system, people were complaining bitterly about a $2000+ rifle shooting only one pellet at very high speed and power.

My Impact and others that i know well, have LW and CZ barrels fitted. They are now extremely accurate and not so pellet or power fussy. I think there is still some research and work to be done on the barrel systems. I'm sure they will come right. At least i hope so.
    Well so much for that theory then.
    Must say that theory was what mostly sold me on the FX Impact/Crown system. I certainly would have been somewhat miffed to find this out AFTER I dumped a little zinkhouse full of money on it.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Just a quick update. Fitted my Hawke sidewinders of of my hw100 on the crown last night. Shot 4 shots at 30m in my backyard in the dark to zero it. Today in my lunch time I took it to the farm. Shot 7 shots at 60m and 5 shots at a fence post at 100m. Can’t wait to really shoot it the weekend.