Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hatsan AT44-10 Tune

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Default Hatsan AT44-10 Tune

Hi all
    I bought a Hatsan At44-10 bought a year back. It is an awesom rifle. I did not shoot it for 3months, when i tried to shoot it it would not load, it was rusted. I searched the net to find out how to strip the rifle and that is how i got this forum. I managed to strip it polish the hammer, clean it, all tips from this forum and reassemble it, thanks to this forum. I managed to lose one o ring on the transfer port so i have to get another before i can put everything together. Reading through the forum i read about changing the hammer spring for a stronger one, what will i gain. Where do i get a smaller transfer port, will i loose power to the barrel. If i adjust the hammer spring will i gain power and loose accuracy. I live in Rustenburg.

Sharp Shooter
    Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

Hi, welcome. I have had more AT44's than I can remember. What calibre is yours? All mine were 4.5mm and on all of them I turned the power down and eventually replaced the spring for a weaker one. Out of the box these shoot WAY too hot. All mine loved JSB 10.34 grainers at sub 900fps.

Quote Originally Posted by Zandre View Post
    Hi all
    I bought a Hatsan At44-10 bought a year back. It is an awesom rifle. I did not shoot it for 3months, when i tried to shoot it it would not load, it was rusted. I searched the net to find out how to strip the rifle and that is how i got this forum. I managed to strip it polish the hammer, clean it, all tips from this forum and reassemble it, thanks to this forum. I managed to lose one o ring on the transfer port so i have to get another before i can put everything together. Reading through the forum i read about changing the hammer spring for a stronger one, what will i gain. Where do i get a smaller transfer port, will i loose power to the barrel. If i adjust the hammer spring will i gain power and loose accuracy. I live in Rustenburg.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Hi.
    Mine is 4.5mm. I am very new at this so i will just learn from you guys

Sharp Shooter
    Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

Do you have access to a chrony? Making adjustments without one is a wild stab in the dark. Turning the speed down will improve accuracy a lot and give you more shots per fill. M2CW.

Hi.
    Mine is 4.5mm. I am very new at this so i will just learn from you guys

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Yes i do have one. I do not seem to be able to find o rings for the transfer port. I cannot wait to get this thing together. I ordered from bmg hopefully i will get o rings this coming week. I am going to attempt to make my own transfer port 2 5 as suggested in this forum

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Hi
    I have a broblem removing my at44-10 barrel. I removed the grubscrews at the top but it does not want come out. Does it need persuasion from the back or am i missing something

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Hi
    I have a broblem removing my at44-10 barrel. I removed the grubscrews at the top but it does not want come out. Does it need persuasion from the back or am i missing something

There are two sets of grub screws. The first set locks the barrel in place and the next set locks those grub screws down so they dont come loose. In other words each hole should have two one ontop of another. Just look inside the holes to check that there is indeed no screws in there. The barrel should come out quite easaly. Unless its rusted like the hammer. I would be very carefull of not dameging the rifling either side of the barrel. Also when re assemblying there are two indents in the barrel where the grub screws turn into to lock the barrel in place and keep it from rotating. Make sure that you fasten the barrel the same way it came out.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Thanks its rusted then i will be carefull

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Hi
    It seems the barrel is not rusted but something is preventing it from coming out. If all the grub screws at the is out will the barrel turn 360 if so something is wedged because mine wont.

Is there a special way the reloading lever pin is removed. I cant get mine out

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

It's possible that it has been glued in some way or another.
    U can put some heat onto the breech block where the barrel goes in and lightly turn it.

I don't take any responsibility if anything gets damaged just a suggestion

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Use a bobejaan spanner to turn the barrel to loosen it up, then you can pull it out... the back of the loading pin has a a slit for a flat screw driver, you loosen it and unscrew it and you should be able to take the pin out

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Thanks guys will let you know how it went

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

The barrel is stuck solid so is the pin in the reload lever i am sending it to Hatsan.
    Any better suggestions

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Take the gun apart and see... Is the reload pin not blocked by the screw at the back??

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

The whole gun is stripped. I cannot see anything stopping the barrel from comming out unless something is wedged inside, is this possible. The pin holding the reload lever will not come out. There is no slit for a screw driver or anything. Maybe i am missing something. I think i must post some photos. I also spoke to a guy named Trevor about changing from 4.5 to 5. Will this be a good thing or should i stick with 4.5