Thread: BFAC FT League 8 December 2018

Protea FT Team '18/'19
    SAFTAA FT Colours '15
    MOT: Swan Air
    Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

Default BFAC FT League 8 December 2018

Big Five Airrifle Club in association with Lead Heads Air Rifle Club will host the last Field Target league shoot for 2018. The course will be a little easier as the previous one and hopefully the wind will be kinder to us. There will be a Christmas present for every shooter which will include all the correct distances to the targets, so I expect everyone to shoot full scores. No excuses this time. The shoot will take place at our grounds out on van der Hoff rd. U can use Google maps to navigate to the venue. Food and drinks will be available. Cold beers will also be available after the shoot.
    We will start to set up the course at 08:00, all help will be appreciated. The grass will be cut on Friday, so it will only be setting out targets.
    The shoot-in range will open as soon as the course is set up.

Shooters meeting 10:30 and the shoot will start at 11:00 if all goes well.

Adults R100
    Scholars and full time students R50.

SAFTAA rules will apply.

Mark, if you can arrange for the SAFTAA chrony and target tester to be present please.

We hope to see you all there.

All NW members, we need your help early the morning to lay out the course please.

Map url: https://goo.gl/maps/DErDieUMATn
    Co-ordinates: 33 49' 8" S, 18 42' 16" E
    Co-ordinates: -33.818889, 18.704444

Protea FT Team '18/'19
    SAFTAA FT Colours '15
    Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

Hoop ons sien julle almal daar vir die laaste liega van die jaar.

Springer FT World Champion '09
    Protea FT Team '19

SAFTAA FT Colours '12
    Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

I thought we were shooting Leeuwenkloof?????

Protea FT Team '18/'19
    SAFTAA FT Colours '15
    Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bludlust View Post
    I thought we were shooting Leeuwenkloof?????
    Why did you think that? We only shoot at Leeuwenkloof at the NW Open. Leeuwenkloof venue costs us +- R3000 for a weekend, so we can't afford it for normal league shoots.

Protea FT Team '12/'16/'17

User Info Menu

Thank you NW.
    It look like we are having a time with the wind over the last couple of leagues.

Protea FT Team '18/'19
    SAFTAA FT Colours '15
    Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

Baie dankie aan almal wat ons kom ondersteun het. Dit was maar bietjie rof met die wind, wys maar net, ons moet harder oefen.
    Baie geluk Heinri en al die ander wenners.
    Ons sien jullle volgende maand by Erac met die Kick-Off.
    Dankie vir almal wat help baan bou en afbreek het en die admin mense, sonder julle kan ons dit nie doen nie.

SAFTAA # Score FT / SFT PCP / SPR Shooter
    1292 39 FT PCP Heinri Brink
    1140 38 FT PCP Cor Swanepoel
    1072 37 FT PCP Wian Strydom
    1084 36 FT PCP Wyan Schoonwinkel
    1005 36 FT PCP Errol Mann
    1229 35 FT PCP Mark Fairon
    1095 35 FT PCP Alan Keyser
    1275 34 FT PCP Keith Tiquin
    1008 33 FT PCP Baldur Engelbrecht
    1071 32 FT PCP Sean Orsmand
    1285 32 FT PCP Jan Steytler
    1259 31 FT PCP Shayne Young
    1382 31 FT PCP Bernd Stachelhaus
    1270 30 FT PCP Rory Macleod
    1200 30 FT PCP Henry Thomas Knoetze
    1455 27 FT SPR Derek Van Niekerk
    1435 25 FT PCP Kiara Kleynhans
    1401 24 FT PCP Dirk Hoffmann
    1408 24 FT PCP Conrad Deysel
    1409 24 FT PCP Marnus Deysel
    1176 23 FT PCP Hannes Laubscher
    1422 23 FT PCP Paul Fevrier
    1257 23 FT PCP Diana Zoccola
    1465 23 FT PCP Paul Strydom
    1436 22 FT PCP Marnus Van Der Westhuizen
    1391 22 FT SPR Juan Pierre Du Toit
    1457 20 FT PCP Dean Van Zyl
    1458 19 FT PCP Bennie De Klerk
    1434 16 FT PCP Karin Van Der Walt
    1432 15 FT PCP Owen Klee
    1425 13 FT PCP Melissa Van Der Walt
    1420 12 FT SPR Chris Lemmer
    1460 9 FT PCP Andreas Van Zyl
    86 SFT PCP Robert brink
    51 SFT PCP Ryno Sith
    50 SFT PCP Daniel Symineton
    49 SFT PCP Martie
    45 SFT PCP Marinda Kleynhans
    Last edited by Cor; 10-12-18 at 16:44.

Protea FT Team '15
    REP: Daystate/Brocock Accredited Technician

User Info Menu

Hi Cor

Where is my score, I shot with Jan Steytler

Protea FT Team '12/'16/'17

User Info Menu

Wyan it looks like there was a finger error. Deon Marx is listed in your place.

Protea FT Team '18/'19
    SAFTAA FT Colours '15
    Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by wyan View Post
    Hi Cor

Where is my score, I shot with Jan Steytler
    Jammer Wyan, tikfout geweess met die nommers.

Springer FT World Champion '09
    Protea FT Team '19

SAFTAA FT Colours '12
    Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

Great day. Awesome challenge.

An 'easy' course on a day if the wind co-operated, but it was not to be.

I think overall those are some pretty decent scores considering that any wind over 15km/hr on an FT course becomes a lottery. For EVERYONE!

In all my seasons of shooting FT, I have never experienced a full season of constant +8km/h wind. This was a GREAT learning experience, and I think that those that bled out and are unhappy with their scores should reflect on whether their skill level permits them to achieve more under such testing conditions.

I am grateful for an opportunity to be tested and exposed as needing to put more effort in if I want to 'miss less'.

This is also a message to lower level shots who may feel they are not 'achieving'.

My view... BRING IT ON!

I have no control over what conditions will be present on any particular day but what I would like to see (at every shoot) is a difficulty level that will be challenging for even the best shooters on a perfect day.

My reasoning?

Firstly, let me say that I am highly competitive. I started shooting FT competitively in 2009 because league golf was becoming prohibitively expensive.

I shot springer for many years. I did it because I loved the feeling and the challenge of 'getting it ABSOLUTELY right'. Most of all, I loved beating PCP shooters with it.

I KNEW it was highly unlikely that I would ever win an event, or even get Protea colours, but the thrill of overcoming additional challenges on top of what the sport would normally put in front of you is what I thrive on. Getting Protea colours ... I fell short. Getting SAFTAA colours...achieved.

How?? I put in A LOT OF EFFORT with my HW97K, and came quite close a number of times, and achieved a particular goal (albeit with a bit of luck).

With that said...

Everyone needs to define what they wish to achieve in this fantastic sport. Some want to simply get out and have fun. Some want to do a little more than that. Some want to get into the Protea team and compete at the highest level. THAT is my goal! I have a very long way to go. I need to learn a lot and improve by at least 50%, very quickly!

How?

I feel far better, and learn far more from having knocked down a single 25mm reducer target at 35m than I would knocking down five 40mm targets at the same distance or closer. If I put what I learned on that shot into my knowledge bank, I have a greater chance of doing the same the next time...TWICE (or even more!)! If I never get the repeated opportunity to conquer that particular challenge, I will never get any better than I am. I will remain mediocre. Who wants that for themselves.

As another (realistic) example....It will be like scraping through a 30% requirement for Matric... Who of you parents have complained about the standards of education in this country, and for what reason?. 'EASY to please many' is not the way to go. I would rather have my ass severely kicked by the course and conditions - repeatedly, and walk away with the experience, rather than be one of 20 half-baked 'winners'.

Remember...like in GOLF you are firstly competing against yourself and obviously the course. You have to first overcome yourself, before concerning yourself with external challenges, like an extremely difficult course. That's why there are 4 things to remember...Practice, think, learn, repeat. A simple formula for improving and for 'winning'. I proved it in 2009. Others, like Piet Breedt and Dave Combrinck proved it too - over and over again. At FT, the more pellets you shoot, the more chance you have to win. If you don't do that, you must accept what you achieve - or manage/temper your expectations of the sport.

What do I hope for the new season?

Very difficult courses...constantly... with lots of wind and rain, as well as the opportunity to shoot with the top shots more often. They have knowledge to share that will improve everyone else's abilities. Shooting with Wian Strydom yesterday was a privilege, because I learnt a great deal from HIS methods, and will bring some of what I gleaned into my own game.

All of the youngsters out there (and even some of the big people)... come back next year with a different ATTITUDE. Come back with an 'I can do this... no matter how hard it is!'. Practice more. Challenge yourself.

To end.... Great year, Great day, great people and a great sport. Thanks to the course builders and the marshals for putting in so much effort over the season.

See y'all next year out in the sunshine, forests and mountains for a good laff, a few good shots, a good cry and a few transfusions!!!

Be safe!

Blud

Protea FT Team '16/'18
    National FT Champ '18/'19
    SAFTAA FT Colours'15

User Info Menu

Nice said blud, see you guys and Girls at the kick off

Protea FT Team '15
    REP: Daystate/Brocock Accredited Technician

User Info Menu

My saftaa number is also wrong. Mine 1084