To choose, S400 Carbine or Classic, what?s the diffs?
carbine has shorted barrel and cylinder, which gives u less shots than classic.
If u r looking at FT and mods a classic cylinder can be fitted to the Carbine to give more shots or
HP cylinder can be fitted 2 Classic
Note there's more work than just fitting the cylinder, but that's the general idea.
Personally prefer Classic.
Neal, classic one time!!!!! more shots is nicer, Let me promise you something, the carbine wont be any easier in the bush, you still having to carry a long rifle with you, the couple of inches you save wont help you shoot an extra pigeon, trust me....
Im still a stiff arse about the barrel being more accurate since its longer, so i vote the classic there too, but dont pay attention to this comment, the guys disagree with me all 100% of the way...
next thing, the not sure about the weight diff, but i like a heaveir gun, therefore the classic takes prefrence again...
more shots as the other say... (gives you more sweet spot shots)
Had the Classic for a few months and it performed very well. The only thing i didn't like was the lenght.
Get the carbine and my reasons :
1. Same accuracy as classic.
2. Enough shots per fill for ft and hunting.
3. Still compact even with silencer fitted.
4. More pointable imo than classic.
5. Can be fitted with classic cylinder without adding classic overall lenght.
6. That famous "thin" barrel should be a bit more stiff and less prone to knock figure of 8 out of alignment.
Longer isn't always better, stiffness is! !amazed
Your choice, your money.