Thread: Dive cylinder buyers guide

Marksman

User Info Menu

Default Dive cylinder buyers guide

Hi All,

I recently purchased a Kral puncher and now i am slowly searching for a dive cylinder for it. This is my first pneumatic and I have read up a bit but being a first timer the woes of buying wrong is lurking as i am seeing different dive cylinders for sale at different prices. Also cylinders that DO and DON'T have the necessary testing in date. So:

1. What do i need to know or look for when buying a cylinder where the Hydro/visual testing has expired?
    2. What is the main difference with filling with a 232 and 300 bar cylinder - Is it just the higher pressure and number of fills?

Are there any other need to knows that you would suggest to a newby pneumatist?

TIA

Sharp Shooter
    Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

Check the cylinder refill calculator in the calculators forum to get an idea of expected refills.
    If buying second hand I would insist that the unit is up to date with all tests.

Protea FT Team '17
    SAFTAA FT Colours '16
    Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

Do what DSF said, but I would suggest always getting a 300bar as you just get so much more fills out of it. If you have a place to refill your cylinder close it is manageable with a lower pressure vessel, but you end up doing more trips to fill the cylinder

Aslo: The beginners guide to compressed air. ~ Air Rifle SA Forums

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Spend the extra money and buy a compressor. I did and have not looked back. Quick, easy, no hassle fills

Marksman

User Info Menu

Thanks for the feedback so far guys