Thread: Artemis / SPA CP2 - Review

Sharp Shooter
    Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

Default Artemis / SPA CP2 - Review

So I recently purchased a CP2 from Rashaad at outdoor pitstop. .177 Calibre

Honestly i'm very impressed

Overall the finish is excellent and the machining on all parts good, it comes with a plastic stock, either black or camo. Plastic has a good quality feel to it.

The trigger is a delight. Its 2 stage and the pull is very light. (Apparently its adjustable but it was fine out of the box)

it gets 50-60 useable shots per cartridge. It's a 15m gun guys. Don't expect to be putting holes through tomato tin cans at 50m.

I made a pellet trap and set it up inside my passageway and had a great time with it. To swop the barrel out is very simple. You unbolt 3 allen grub screws with the supplied allen key and bolt on new barrel

Its accurate with the pistol barrel and VERY accurate with the longer barrel.
    I did not try it without the silencer but with the silencer the loudest noise comes from the trigger mechanism

I mounted a 40mm red dot scope to it. Honestly it's too big guys. Get the 30mm. Don't try mount a scope unless you plan on getting a offset scope mount. the Magazine wont fit in otherwise. Unless you only plan to use single shot then a smallish scope would work.

For plinking in the back yard without annoying the neighbours or indoor shooting it's a sweet gun with no bad habits

Only irritance (and this is personal) is the magazines. But that's nothing new with the Artemis/SPA products that the magazines can be a bit fiddly. They work well enough. Just fiddly to load. I think its my old fat fingers battling to load it.

It comes with 2 magazines which is nice. Your assistant can load while you shoot away hehe

I only noticed pellet drop at around shot 55. But then I was shooting at around 8m.

I was using Gamo Pistol Pro Wadcutters. I'm sure accuracy would be even better with JSB expresses etc etc (Flog the dead horse about pellets to use here....)

One very nice addition the CP2 has over the CP1 is a tightening bolt to screw the cylinder piercing cap down properly. Very nice.

All in all a lovely gun. Easy to hold. A little nose heavy with the silencer. but fitted with the Carbine stock (1 minute to fit) and it becomes a nice little rifle for up to 30m Plinking with Express pellets.

If you don't have one and enjoy pellet pistols I can highly recommend this one.
    Last edited by speedfox_2002; 18-12-18 at 09:22.

The Oom From T.J.O.P.S
    Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

it gets 50-60 useable shots per cartridge.
    ............Bull shit....video or it did not happen.

Sharp Shooter
    Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

Ok ill do a proper shot count next time with targets to prove it. Also remember that I was only shooting at 8m. So there may have been some. Drop off before it reached a point of being unusable.

The Oom From T.J.O.P.S
    Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

Thanks

Sharp Shooter
    Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

I assume most people are not getting good shot counts? I'd be happy with 40 I know the 5.5 gets much less

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

I have one also bought it from Rashad fantastic little gun - I have about 2000 pellets through it - I use those cheap Geco pellets in it - it loves them out to about 20 m- it's so quiet my neighbors don't know I'm shooting it in the garden- I get about 50 shots as well.

Only issue I had was it jammed sometimes but found a YOUtube fix for that - you just ream the the barrel to 4,8 mmm for about 4 mm where the pellets goes into the barrel problem solved - so far very very impressed with this gun for the price its a steal.

I also own a little P15 same thing for the price amazing performance-

The Oom From T.J.O.P.S
    Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

I will test mine this weekend, would love to know why on the CP1 I get only 30 good shots and on the CP2 50?

Sharp Shooter
    Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

Small Gas leak perhaps? it does come with extra seals I think. Also what range is considered a good shot? I bought this "pistol" carbine" whatever it is for 10m and under so its quite possible the last few were starting to drop but because i was so close to the target (8m) I didn't really notice.

Sharp Shooter
    Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

As promised. 58 shots at 8m(with rifle stock and standard barrel) before drop-off started. And then another 6 or so before it became unusable.

SAFTAA Development,Liaison & Secretary
    Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

Please share the link to this modification. Thanks Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Seadog View Post
    I have one also bought it from Rashad fantastic little gun - I have about 2000 pellets through it - I use those cheap Geco pellets in it - it loves them out to about 20 m- it's so quiet my neighbors don't know I'm shooting it in the garden- I get about 50 shots as well.

Only issue I had was it jammed sometimes but found a YOUtube fix for that - you just ream the the barrel to 4,8 mmm for about 4 mm where the pellets goes into the barrel problem solved - so far very very impressed with this gun for the price its a steal.

I also own a little P15 same thing for the price amazing performance-

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MikeBrews View Post
    Please share the link to this modification. Thanks Mike

Protea FT Team '18/'19
    SAFTAA FT Colours '15
    MOT: Swan Air
    Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

Seems to be same problem on the CP1. No mag but also loading very hard.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Don't expect to be putting holes through tomato tin cans at 50m.
    I disagree. It is very capable of piecing a can at 50yards(46m).