Thread: right hander using left hand stock

Cadet

User Info Menu

Default right hander using left hand stock

Hie all i am knew on this forum just joined last week, help me out here i wanna purchase almost brand new Air Arms s400 SL EXTRA FAC in .177 with 10L Scuba tank including air arms silencer, hard case and also its fitted with 3-15-50 HAWK endurance Scope for about 11k looks like a bargain..

The rifle is in very condition obviously will test before paying
    My question is will i be able to shoot like that since its a left hand stock or will i be able to get a right hand stock ( thinking it might expensive as well) or they someone who can fix the stock modify to be right handed friendly

Thanks all waiting for response

SAFTAA FT Colours '18/'19
    Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

This is a first - a right hander wanting to shoot a left handed rifle :-).
    In my opinion, rather get a right handed rifle - there are many around, unlike left handed models. The AA stocks have a very pronounced comb on the cheek piece and would require a lot of modification which in my opinion would ruin a very nice stock.

Springer FT World Champion '09
    Protea FT Team '19

SAFTAA FT Colours '12
    Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

The Air Arms stocks are PARTICULARLY uncomfortable for a wrong-handed person to shoot. Ask Poena. It was near impossible.

Phone Louis (Importer). He may have one lying around from the good old days. Or someone on this forum who has bought a lefty gun and purchased a right handed stock.

Edit... I had the situation reversed, but still the same.

Sharp Shooter
    The Professor

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kudzi1 View Post
    Hie all i am knew on this forum just joined last week, help me out here i wanna purchase almost brand new Air Arms s400 SL EXTRA FAC in .177 with 10L Scuba tank including air arms silencer, hard case and also its fitted with 3-15-50 HAWK endurance Scope for about 11k looks like a bargain..

The rifle is in very condition obviously will test before paying
    My question is will i be able to shoot like that since its a left hand stock or will i be able to get a right hand stock ( thinking it might expensive as well) or they someone who can fix the stock modify to be right handed friendly

Thanks all waiting for response
    If you feel the asking price is satisfactory for what you are getting and the rifle is in good condition then it is probably worth buying it then getting either a factory right hand stock to fit or having a custom stock made.

It may be possible to use it right handed as is, but as mentioned above these rifles have quite a sharp roll-over on the comb that will be uncomfortable using it on the wrong shoulder for which the stock was designed.

Although a right hand shooter I once acquired a left handed outfit:

A good few years ago - must be at least 16 or 17 years thinking on it - I went to a market in Truro one Saturday where there was a guy who ran a military surplus stall and also sold a few second hand air rifles.

On this particular day he had in a left handed Sportsmatch GC2 in a factory stock with the adjustable cheek-piece option, it was fitted a Premier Reticles boosted Leupold 14.5-35x40 scope, all at a price that was very reasonable.

Being a left handed FT rifle he knew it was going to be a slow seller, so I offered him a swap with a right handed 5.5mm hydrographics camo finished pcp sporting rifle and he agreed.

So off home with the GC2 I went.

The following day there was a regional league FT comp at the South Dorset FT Club, quite a distance from where I live.

I decided to take the new GC2 along as well and try it out on their sighting range.

Whilst it was a left handed thumbhole stock, I actually found it fairly comfortable to shoot right handed using a thumb up position, the cheek-piece had a soft edged rollover on it so it didn't dig in uncomfortably in use and gave a really good eye alignment.

Anyway, on the zeroing range I was quickly able to get range finding marks added to it and worked out the dials and found it handled really well, so I decided to shoot the main FT event with it just for the hell of it - damned good idea as I went and won the match using it.

I seem to recall a few wry comments from my fellow competitors................
    Last edited by Dale; 10-01-19 at 17:35.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

There must be a lefty on the forum who wants to swap for a righthanded or ambidextrous S400/410 stock

Marksman

User Info Menu

I am left handed and shoot a right handed BAM40. Its very uncomfortable. Myself and some other people i know that are left handed struggle to buy or find left handed stocks. Pretty sure you will be able to swop or sell the stock easily.

Cadet

User Info Menu

Thanks for all your replys the reason I am gettin this s400 its because its factory FAC model which was difficult for me to find for sometime two months, maybe I was lookin wrong places.... and I heard someone saying its not so easy to find a left hand S400 stock which means I will definitely get a swap soon... infact I already got a inbox message croosing my fingers maybe I will get sooner

Pictures attached for the rifle and how beautiful these stock is in beautiful condition