Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Northcliff Airgun Club - Informal Benchrest 2019

REP: Tula!! Silencers

User Info Menu

Default Northcliff Airgun Club - Informal Benchrest 2019

Northcliff Social Benchrest 2019. Well guys we kick off again with our first one this year on the 27th January 2019. Please note that it has been requested by a few of the shooters that we push up the day charge from R 20.00 to R 50.00 for the day. This could depending on the amount of shooters go a long way towards paying for the Target boards and Targets sheets. Don't know where you can go today and have a great social day, have your rifle blessed by Worsie, be ridiculed by your peers, beaten by a 10 year old, hear a lot of choice words while shooting and laughing a lot .....all for a paltry sum of R 50.00. I know i look forward to the experience every month, but some might look at me funny when i tell them that and shake their heads.......

If anybody disagrees with this let me know soonest.

Date : 27 / 01 / 2019

Venue: The new and upgraded NORTHCLIFF AIR RIFLE CLUB.

Time: 10:00am sharp. (Range will be open from around 07:30am for those who like to shoot and sight in before the wind starts blowing at 09.55am
    )

Format: Light Varmint, Heavy Varmint, Snap, Springer, (if we have more than 2 shooters who want to do it.) 50M 5 and 10 shot grouping.

Entry Fee: R 50.00 per person.

Braai fire and rolls will be provide at lunch time so bring a tjop and dop and socialize. If you are lucky your tjop might even be cooked for you by a gentleman called Walter.....

Look forward to seeing you all there on Sunday.....Bring your A game because quite a few guys have been practicing over the December holidays and some new rifles have been purchased.
    Last edited by Mark H; 18-01-19 at 13:13.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

I rather keen to Join as a Member

What are the costs and who do I pay ?

Sharp Shooter
    Lifetime Forum Sponsor
    ARF Member Of The Year 2018

User Info Menu

R1100 per annum....speak to Mark_F....

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Think I'll give this a bash been 2yrs since a last bench shoot

User Info Menu

Well we had a good day as per usual, although we only had 7 shooters turn up. Wind was really bad you will see when Paul Posts the scores up for me, might add he only got them last night. Thanks must go out to Don for helping me score, Walter for doing Braai Fire and cooking. Gregg had the best LV and HV scores and Doug took the snap, Worsie was not there and so my gun was not blessed by him hence my rather crap shooting day. Thanks goes out to all who attended and i look forward to seeing you at the next shoot with some added bodies as well.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Herewith the scores from Sunday, the first informal bench shoot for the year:

NORTHCLIFF AIR RIFLE CLUB
    Informal Bench Rest - LV
    Name Target 1 Target 2 Total Total X
    Score X Count Score X Count
    Greg T 242 10 244 11 486 21
    Walter 237 6 239 6 476 12
    Mark H 239 3 233 5 472 8
    Don 232 5 232 2 464 7
    Gee 229 2 233 3 462 5
    Doug 232 5 226 2 458 7

Informal Bench Rest - HV
    Greg T 245 11 245 10 490 21
    Doug 238 9 240 6 478 15
    Gee 241 4 236 0 477 4
    Mark H 238 2 238 5 476 7
    Walter 239 2 237 1 476 3
    Don 232 2 233 3 465 5
    Chris 222 6 232 6 454 12

Informal Bench Rest - Snap
    Name Target 1
    Score X Count
    Doug 243 12
    Don 240 11
    Greg 240 7
    Mark H 238 5
    Gee 237 1

Informal Bench Rest - Springer
    Don 219 0 219 0
    Dewald R 210 1 210 1

Informal Bench Rest - 50m Grouping
    Name 5 Shot
    Greg T 5,2
    Doug 11,5
    Gee 25,5
    Name 10 Shot
    Doug 16
    Greg T 19,5
    Gee 41,5

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Great day.
    Eveveveveveveveve

User Info Menu

You deserve to be able to boast this time......

Thanks Paul for putting up the scores always appreciated......
    Last edited by Mark H; 03-02-19 at 08:15.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Great seeing springer results

Sharp Shooter
    Lifetime Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

well done y'all....sorry I couldn't make it...seeya on the next one hopefully.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Thanx guys it was great day and the new braai area works so well

User Info Menu

Hi Guys,

That time of month again for our MONTHLY SOCIAL BENCHREST SHOOT!!!!!! 24 FEBRUARY 2019

VENUE: NORTHCLIFF AIRRIFLE RANGE TIME: 10.00 am SIGHT IN: 07:00 - 09:50am

Same format as usual: LV, HV, SNAP, SPRINGER (IF WE HAVE 2 OR MORE SHOOTERS) and 50m 5 and 10 SHOT GROUPS.

ENTRANCE FEE: R50.00 PER PERSON. (THIS GIVES YOU TARGETS AND NEW TARGET BOARD FOR THE DAYS SHOOTS, BRAAI FIRE, AND A BOERE WORS ROLL ALONG WITH GOOD COMPANY.)

N.B. THE ADDITION OF THE BOERIE ROLL IS BECAUSE IT WAS BOUGHT TO MY ATTENTION THAT PEOPLE FELT THEY SHOULD GET A LITTLE MORE FOR THEIR MONEY.

HOPE TO SEE ALL THE GUYS THERE ON SUNDAY.........REMEMBER TO BRING YOUR OWN DRINKS, COFFEE IS AVAILABLE IN THE KITCHEN FOR FREE THOUGH.
    Last edited by Mark H; 19-02-19 at 12:07.

Protea FT Team '19
    SAFTAA FT Colours '15
    The Sultan of Spring 2017

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mark H View Post
    <snip>
    N.B. THE ADDITION OF THE BOERIE ROLL IS BECAUSE IT WAS BOUGHT TO MY ATTENTION THAT PEOPLE FELT THEY SHOULD GET A LITTLE MORE FOR THEIR MONEY.
    <snip>
    1. Find your CapsLock key. Set it to the "Off" position.
    2. You're sugar-coating the above. Be blunt. Be direct. Say "It's apparent that people who don't bring meat to the braai feel entitled to eat all the meat and then people who DID bring meat end up with nothing to eat." Don't mollycoddle the leechers.

User Info Menu

And people call me GRUMPY........Trouble is majority of the people who read this are not the people at fault they are the bringers not the leechers......

Guys understand the object of the R50.00 entrance fee is two fold. Firstly up until now the costs for the targets was carried by a few of the club members, these i now keep at home because piles have been taken from the club by some tight arse people who think they are entitled to them, probably the same people who stole two of the target stands.

Secondly i have always paid for the rolls and a pack of Boerewors along with other things that might be needed on the day like milk, charcoal and firelighters out of my own pocket. We will now pay for all this stuff out of the money collected. I will control the money and keep slips, etc. on expenditure and at the end of the year any excess money will be put towards putting the concrete strip in at the 25m distance so that all stands will be level. Which if you speak to me nicely i will organise and oversee.

I for the sake of making things easy started the money collection for backing boards, well that went pretty well for about the first 9 months, then when it came round to collecting for the second time the guys started to refuse because they felt they were not getting there fair share of new boards and they were sponsoring all the new comers that Dave brings in as well. Just to let you know i used 1 new board a month for the benchshoot, but we had boards for 9 months with no moaning from anybody which to me was worth the R200 i put in. Now the okes buy there own boards.

Right now, if you guys are not happy about this then let me know what you want to do as i have more important things to worry about, all i want to do is come and shoot the competition once a month and enjoy myself, i am quite happy to hand over the control and just do what you okes do, which is just come and shoot......Hope that is clear now. Most of us are older gentleman and are quite capable of speaking our minds when it suits us too, i like the rest of you just want a clean safe place to come and shoot, we have made it that way, not Dave, us but i carry no more power there than the rest of you. If you are unhappy about something say so, but to the person or persons who owns the range or get up your nose about something, then maybe we will have a whole pile of grumpy mugs in the kitchen but a lot of happier people as well.

My PIECE HAS NOW BEEN SAID "GRUMPY IS TIRED"

With that said, don't get me wrong i really enjoy the social aspect of our club and love the month end shoot, i respect and enjoy most of my fellow members and tolerate a few but thankfully the few do not worry me too much.....

See Mark_F i found the caps lock Key....

Last edited by Mark H; 22-02-19 at 12:23.

Sharp Shooter
    Lifetime Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

shut it down and let the guys do postal entries....