Thread: HW100 filling problems

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Default HW100 filling problems

Hi

First time poster, great site!. I have a HW100, which has just developed a strange problem. When filling through the quick fill probe, once the bottle fills to around 150 bar, it starts venting from inside the rifle. I take it up to 200 it vents back down to +/-150, then holds steady. This is not a slow leak, you can hear it and it drops to 150 bar in a few seconds. Rifle is a full power model, I bought in SA. I live Angola.

Thanks for any help.
    Cam

Sharp Shooter
    Lifetime Forum Sponsor
    ARF Member Of The Year 2018

User Info Menu

if it leaking through the barrel it would point to valve...if not through the barrel, it is the o-ring between the cylinder and the action....

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Hi. Try filling the rifle with it cocked. Sometimes the release valve sticks. Worked for me before.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Have you ever adjusted the hammer spring tension or the regulator adjuster? Or disassembled it in any way? Or removed the air tank?

Asking because 150bar is a strange pressure for it to 'hold' at. From factory the HW 100 is normally regulated to somewhere between 85 and 95 bar depending on caliber and power rating. This means that immediately downstream of the reg, which is immediately downstream of the air tank, the pressure should be controlled in that range. In the tank where the pressure gauge is located it could be higher of course but strange that it would vent down to 150 and then stop.
    Last edited by JXV; 25-01-19 at 08:03.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the replies! I tried filling it with the action cocked and that seems to have worked!

I have never had the action opened, as it has always performed flawlessly, up to this point.

Cheers,