Thread: CZ200s Accuracy issues

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Default CZ200s Accuracy issues

I recently acquired a nearly new CZ200 for my journey into the dark arts of FT and having some accuracy issues. 3 shots will be touching at 25 m and then the next two are all over the place. Ran a short string through the chrony and see the odd shot dropping 200 fps from the high 700's.Tried finding the sweet spot between adjusting the transfer port and hammer spring but still have the flyers at any combination. Any suggestions before I take the whole thing apart and end up at Louis with a box full of spares?

Marksman

User Info Menu

I would say regulate the rifle. It really helped in my gun. I know it is possible to get 100 consistent shots at 12FPE with a regulated CZ200.
    If you are interested in a regulator for the gun DM me. I can do one without having to drill the airtube.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Thanx Ryno. I will probably end up regulating the rifle but there is a funadamental problem with this one I have to sort out first. I’ve had two other CZ’s and the both consistently shot clover leaves at 30 m.

Springer FT World Champion '09
    Protea FT Team '19

SAFTAA FT Colours '12
    Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by David270 View Post
    Thanx Ryno. I will probably end up regulating the rifle but there is a funadamental problem with this one I have to sort out first. Ive had two other CZs and the both consistently shot clover leaves at 30 m.

Do a process of elimination in this order.....

First thing to do is make sure that the barrel is PERFECTLY clean. Check your scope mounts and all bolts on the gun.

Before shooting for accuracy, do a shot string through the chrony. If the 200ft drop occurs again, then you know you have a mechanical issue. That would require a strip, check and clean.
    If not, then do the accuracy test.

SORT your pellets. Just inspect them before shooting. You may have a bad batch or tin.

Do sets of 5 shot groups at 25m. Shoot, rest, shoot again, and each time, make sure your eye is centred in the scope and your trigger technique is right.

Once you are convinced it is not YOU, if you still have flyers, then check your barrel CROWN for damage.

With all due respect, a regulator will not affect accuracy to the degree you are experiencing. My unregulated CZ is capable of a ragged single hole at 25m all the way from 180 to 120 bar (my gun's sweet spot).

Also, considering the quality of CZ rifles, the common sense priority is to eliminate user error (as per the bold).

Good luck.

Anyone else have any other checks....add them in the order they should be performed.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Don't know if you know because i did not know for a long time! Make sure you do not touch or rest your barrel on anything! It causes a lot of misses

Protea FT Team '16/'18
    National FT Champ '18/'19
    SAFTAA FT Colours'15

User Info Menu

200 ft drop is in my O glad nie reg nie, ek sal van 'n 8.4 grain na 'n 10.3 grain Petroon skiet deur die Crony dan sal hy maar 'n 80 ft drop sien met daai groot grain verskil, vat hom na Oom Herman laatz hy werk elke dag aan hierdie probleme, en hy diens hom ook somer vir jou. Dan weet jy hy is wee vir 'n ruk reg

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Maybe the problem is in the barrel? I had a similar issue with my hatsan, only to find the oring inside the barrel was gone and the pellets were getting damaged as they were loaded leaving lead inside the barrel, once I replaced the oring the rifle became inaccurate and some shots sounded like the air cylinder was empty, eventually the rifle shot with nothing coming out, the barrel was blocked, I couldn't even get the pellets out, after I took it in I found out I had 13 pellets stuck in the barrel lol... If the gun is very loud even with a suppressor on its probably the outer oring on the barrel, I experienced that 1 too and it also led to inaccuracies and a big variation in velocity... That's my 2c

Protea FT Team '19
    SAFTAA FT Colours '15
    The Sultan of Spring 2017

User Info Menu

What pellets are you shooting?
    Does this happen with different pellets?
    Are you using a silencer or air stripper?

If you have a rod, load the rifle but don't shoot the pellet out. Use the rod to push the pellet (backwards) out of the breech. Inspect for damage.

Protea FT Team '18/'19
    SAFTAA FT Colours '15
    MOT: Swan Air
    Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

Silencer clipping is 90% die culprit. As jy nie 'n silencer op het nie is daar 'n goeie kans dat dit nie die silencer se skuld is nie.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Tried various pellets and swopped out two different silencers. Will still check inside the silencer. Crown looks good. Pushed loaded pellets out and they look good to. Battery on the chrony ran out so had to stop the process of elimination. Thank for all the suggestions. Thinking it must be the hammer spring but will keep looking.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Anybody have a spare single shot tray for a CZ200 .177?

Sharp Shooter
    Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

Are you currently shooting with a mag system or single shot?

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Currently using a magazine. Never had issues before but need to eliminate that as well.

Protea FT Team '18/'19
    SAFTAA FT Colours '15
    MOT: Swan Air
    Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

Skiet sonder 'n silencer. as nog flyers kry skiet sonder die magesyn. Die probleem le gewoonlik tussen daai twee.

Sharp Shooter
    Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

Or you can spend an hour with Kevin (Airvolution) and I guarantee that you will have no more problems