Thread: FXA Cutlas .177

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Default FXA Cutlas .177

Hi, guys, I need advice. My neighbour brought me an FX Cutlas - literally in pieces. Belongs to a friend of his father,whose son "took it apart" to find a leaking seal. This rifle has been seriously mangled in the process and I am not sure that it is complete. Anybody in Pretoria I can refer him to for an opinion on viability to fix and indication of cost to restore to shooting condition? I will try to add photos tomorrow.

Protea FT Team '18/'19
    SAFTAA FT Colours '15
    MOT: Swan Air
    Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jakoos View Post
    Hi, guys, I need advice. My neighbour brought me an FX Cutlas - literally in pieces. Belongs to a friend of his father,whose son "took it apart" to find a leaking seal. This rifle has been seriously mangled in the process and I am not sure that it is complete. Anybody in Pretoria I can refer him to for an opinion on viability to fix and indication of cost to restore to shooting condition? I will try to add photos tomorrow.
    Vat dit na Wyan op hierdie forum, hy is deur FX opgelei om op hul gewere te werk en ek glo sal ook parte he. Hy is in Magalieskruin in PTA.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

OK, thanks! I will send him pm and see what he says. This is what the rifle looks like, currently:

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

That is a serious mangling

The Oom From T.J.O.P.S
    Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

Take it to Xtreme Airguns in Centurion, Jaco will fix/rebuild it.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Thanks, all. The rifle is now with Wyan to see what can be done to rescue it and what the approximate cost would be.