Thread: Pellet scale - planned obsolescence?

Marksman

User Info Menu

Default Pellet scale - planned obsolescence?

I was sitting lekker in the shade the other afternoon, weighing pellets for the upcoming WP league shoot, when the scale read-out suddenly said "FULL". You can imagine my surprise, and no amount of fiddling managed to fix the problem. Okay, so I do what I do when things go wrong, namely get on Google and see if there is any advice. And do you believe it, it happens to most of these scales after a certain number of pellets have been weighed! There was some tips that one can try, like removing the batteries for a few hours, but nothing worked, just that irritating "FULL" still being displayed. So now I can do one of two things, namely either stop weighing pellets and, let's face it, there are quite a few very light ones in every tin, or I can buy another scale, which at R550 is not peanuts, especially if it will also go bolshie on me sooner or later. Has this happened to anyone else? The photo was taken when everything was still hunkydory.
    Last edited by Jerry B; 20-02-19 at 14:21.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Hi, try taking batteries out for an hour and then replacing them

Marksman

User Info Menu

I did, for one hour, then four, then 24. No dice.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Found this on the net:

Turn off the scale. Press and hold the MODE button and turn the scale on. Release the MODE button you will see the scale's internal count.
    Press and hold the TARE button then press (don't hold) the MODE button you will see the full capacity is changing. Keep pressing the MODE while holding the TARE button until you see 100.00 on the screen. The reset is completed. You may need to recalibrate the scale after the reset.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Thanks Grim, but I have already tried that one as well. The moment I press ON the FULL comes up again. Maybe this works for another type of scale but not this one. It is enough to drive one to drink!

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Whats the make and model?

Marksman

User Info Menu

Myco MZ-100-BK Scale