Based on my ongoing experience of HFT, and the current SAHFTA rule set, I've put together a wish list of features that I'd like to see in a rifle scope.
I've scoured the current offerings from Hawke and Nikko Stirling, and nothing I've seen has everything I want.
Other factors have also been taken into account:
- What models are actually available from local retailers (as advertised on BidorBuy, PriceCheck and WantItAll).
- That some models carried by local retailers are discontinued.
- That I don't have the time or inclination to track down every retailer in SA, find out what stock they're carrying, and do research on all that stock.
So, I need to tap the brain pool for advice. My ideal HFT scope would have:
- Maximum magnification of around 16x to 18x.
- Fixed parallax.
- An illuminated reticle would be nice, but not essential.
- 40 to 44mm objective.
- Half-Mil-dot, Hawke AMX or similar reticle.
- Lowest possible weight, and shortest possible dimensions.
- Made by a reputable manufacturer.
My biggest issue so far is that I can't find anything with fixed parallax that also has magnification above 12x. What rifle scopes are currently available that fulfil all the criteria above - or at least as many of them as possible?