Thread: FXA Crown / 600mm barrel kit for 5.5mm

Sharp Shooter
    Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

Default FXA Crown / 600mm barrel kit for 5.5mm

Hi all,

Has anyone heard about 600mm barrel for 5.5mm Crown ?
    Not sure this one is with slug or pellet liner, couldn't find any more info other than these two link.....

FX Crown Green Hunter Laminate PCP Air Rifle

FX Airguns Crown .22 Barrel Kit, 600mm | Trenier Outdoors

Sharp Shooter
    Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

Wondered if something like this would come out at some point, since nobody is going to shoot a 500mm slug liner.
    I'm guessing they'll all be pellet liners - much more profitable to sell you another pellet liner and then a slug liner afterwards.
    I'm just getting an extension tube made up for my crown's 500mm sleeve tomorrow. Same principle as those CZ200 cylinder extenders really - should be easy enough.
    No way I'll be spending almost 6k for an extra 10cm of thin steel tubing just to play with a slug liner. This way I'll be able to switch back to the pellet liner without having to take my scope off too.

Marksman

User Info Menu

I have the 5.5mm 600mm pellet sleeve/liner, along with the extended shroud for the crown, laminated and walnut stocks, multiple probes, multiple mags, multiple barrels. I shoot the crap out of my Impacts however...

I just can't seem to get into the long gun thing, even off the bench. I bought it as I thought it would make a good bench gun, but I guess I just shoot better with a bullpup/carbine layout.

Don't get me wrong, it's a great gun, but I think that I need to sell it at some point and get the third impact in MKII, while this is not a for sale ad, it's a shame that this gun sits on the shelf just looking pretty

Sharp Shooter
    Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Macros View Post
    Wondered if something like this would come out at some point, since nobody is going to shoot a 500mm slug liner.
    I'm guessing they'll all be pellet liners - much more profitable to sell you another pellet liner and then a slug liner afterwards.
    I'm just getting an extension tube made up for my crown's 500mm sleeve tomorrow. Same principle as those CZ200 cylinder extenders really - should be easy enough.
    No way I'll be spending almost 6k for an extra 10cm of thin steel tubing just to play with a slug liner. This way I'll be able to switch back to the pellet liner without having to take my scope off too.
    I guess so, that way for sure they'll make more profit

Quote Originally Posted by RiazP View Post
    I have the 5.5mm 600mm pellet sleeve/liner, along with the extended shroud for the crown, laminated and walnut stocks, multiple probes, multiple mags, multiple barrels. I shoot the crap out of my Impacts however...

I just can't seem to get into the long gun thing, even off the bench. I bought it as I thought it would make a good bench gun, but I guess I just shoot better with a bullpup/carbine layout.

Don't get me wrong, it's a great gun, but I think that I need to sell it at some point and get the third impact in MKII, while this is not a for sale ad, it's a shame that this gun sits on the shelf just looking pretty

didn't know they were selling it already. is it maybe impact barrel on crown?

Sharp Shooter
    WP HFT/Springer Champ '15

User Info Menu

Why would you not want to shoot a 500mm slug liner?

Sharp Shooter
    Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mr H View Post
    Why would you not want to shoot a 500mm slug liner?
    The vast majority of slugs are heavy. So the 600mm helps with getting them up to an adequate velocity without wasting massive amounts of air (assuming the reg/plenum are up to the task too). Same reason the 0.25+ crown and HP Red Wolf etc have 600mm barrels.

Most guys are struggling to get reasonable velocity with the 23/24gr slugs out of the Crown already, with 600mm slug liners.
    The 500mm would pretty much limit you to the Nielsen 19gr or similar, with very little else you could try if they don't shoot well.
    Last edited by Macros; 16-03-19 at 19:07.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ovaheat View Post
    I guess so, that way for sure they'll make more profit

didn't know they were selling it already. is it maybe impact barrel on crown?
    After buying too many FXs over the past few years I have made a few friends, so the kit was technically supposed to be for an impact, however, it wasn't purchased with an impact, it was purchased as a special with the crown, shroud and other extras.

As an aside, there are 700mm barrels floating around here in SA, not widely available but available, there were a few .217 chocked .22 600mm slug liners in the country, for people who make a big enough noise those shot 18 grain jsb's very well at 965 fps in the crown. My barrel has the pellet liner, so testing those .217 slug liners was a 5-minute swap and rezoero affair.

Sharp Shooter
    Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

After buying too many FXs over the past few years I have made a few friends, so the kit was technically supposed to be for an impact, however, it wasn't purchased with an impact, it was purchased as a special with the crown, shroud and other extras.

As an aside, there are 700mm barrels floating around here in SA, not widely available but available, there were a few .217 chocked .22 600mm slug liners in the country, for people who make a big enough noise those shot 18 grain jsb's very well at 965 fps in the crown. My barrel has the pellet liner, so testing those .217 slug liners was a 5-minute swap and rezoero affair.

thank you for the info !

now I'm wondering who got 600 or 700 barrel for the crown locally

Sharp Shooter
    Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

I got the 600mm liner from rashaad who got one for me from the blades and triggers guys' FX shipment.

Funny enough, my main reason for wanting this slug liner is that they apparently shoot pellets very well due to their tighter tolerances. My pellet liner is honestly only acceptable after a very good polishing with JB bore paste. It still only shoots 16gr JSB worth a damn. The fact that I can play with slugs later is a bonus. Hopefully the ones JSB is working on will be as good as expected.
    Last edited by Macros; 17-03-19 at 09:38.

Sharp Shooter
    Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

I got the 600mm liner from rashaad who got one for me from the blades and triggers guys' FX shipment.
    Funny enough my main reason for wanting this slug liner is they apparently shoot pellets very well due to their tighter tolerances. My pellet liner is honestly only acceptable after a very good polishing with JB bore paste. It still only shoots 16gr JSB worth a damn. The fact that I can play with slugs later is a bonus. Hopefully the ones JSB is working on will be as good as expected.

that is the same reason I want to try slug liner/longer barrel

Sharp Shooter
    Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

btw... 700mm barrel on the crown work? I guess the floating barrel wont work with that long/weight...

Sharp Shooter
    Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

Lol I suspect a 700mm barrel would be pretty ungainly and fragile on a crown ��

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

What is the twist rate of the different liners?

Sharp Shooter
    Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jan Frederick View Post
    What is the twist rate of the different liners?

I believe twist rate for the slug liner is 1:16.
    (read it from Matt dubber's Instagram)

Marksman

User Info Menu

Lol I suspect a 700mm barrel would be pretty ungainly and fragile on a crown ��
    The 700 would be very long on the crown, I didnít even try it, the barrel is currently on my Impact, looking for a good tune with pellets vs slugs.

Twist rates on the 5.5mm liners that I have played with so far are 1:19 for pellet and 1:18 for slug, .217 and .218 choke, these were prototypes so final consumer examples may differ...

The .217 1:18 was magic with 18.1 jsb straight from the tin.