Thread: Bulk order from Pelletgage.com

Springer FT World Champion '09
    Protea FT Team '19

SAFTAA FT Colours '12
    Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

Default Bulk order from Pelletgage.com

Hiya.

Considering the dismal nature of the SA Post Office, and their backlogs, I am looking to do a bulk order from Pelletgage.com, using a COURIER service for delivery of the package.

The shipping cost will be $83 on a single $49 item, which is prohibitive.

Who is interested in a bulk order. I want to get the PelletgageR unit in 4.52. Apparently, size counts (more than weight).... when one is looking for precision shooting results. Imagine having both!

Benchrest shooters?

FT shooters?

Please advise ASAP

Cheers

Sean

https://pelletgage.com/products/177-pelletgager

Sharp Shooter
    SAFTAA FT Colours '19
    The Sultan of Spring 2019

User Info Menu

Depending on when you are going to order I will be intrested.

I want the normal .177 guage with difrent sizes holes. I dont want the size specific PelletgageR
    Last edited by Juan; 19-03-19 at 12:13.

Sharp Shooter
    Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

Blud, maybe investigate to use forwarding agents in the US of A. I've been using MyUS.com for a couple of years now, as I found that some suppliers in the US' shipping costs were totally out of the park.

I found their shipping rates much more reasonable and it also allows you to buy from US suppliers who won't ship abroad. I've brought in from toys, electronics, CNC parts to DC motors without hassle.

Nice thing is that everything is done via the internet when using MyUS.
    It's advisable to check with them if they will ship the said product, due to restrictions that may apply. I only had an issue once when trying to ship a RC flight simulator, which was released after investigation by MyUS.

For a small fee MyUS will also purchase items on your behalf from suppliers that won't sell outside the US. I've also used this service from them.
    Last edited by Phats; 20-03-19 at 07:32.

Sharp Shooter
    Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

Out of interest, can you get MyUS to send stuff with a courier company clearance officer to pre-clear/sort out customs? Like Amazon global priority does? Otherwise stuff gets to customs in 2days and languishes there for anything from 6 weeks to eternity, which defeats the purpose.

Reason I ask is I nearly sent something via them but every option at that time explicitly stated that they didn't offer courier assisted customs clearance
    Last edited by Macros; 20-03-19 at 09:04.

Sharp Shooter
    Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

You usually have a choice with which courier you would like to send the goods. I've mostly used Fedex, but you have the choice of UPS, DHL etc.

MyUS must do documentation on their side in order to export the goods. This documentation is used by Fedex for customs clearance. If my memory serves me well, I've only had to provide a customs tariff code once to MyUS for something that I brought in.

Fedex contacts us when a shipment is on it's way with payment required (ie duties, VAT , clearance cost etc). A thing to remember if you're not VAT registered - customs use the dollar amount at the applicable exchange rate that day plus 10% to calculate VAT payable.

Clearance cost from Fedex is about R200 + VAT.

I've never had to submit any documentation to customs that I can recall in the 10+ years I've been using them.
    As mentioned I often order electronic components from Digikey / Mouser in the US. If I place the order Thursday I usually have to goods in my hands Monday/Tuesday morning, but they ship direct, not through MyUS.

You have to do some homework beforehand and make sure that the service you expect is what you will receive, and what the costs will be. (Not sure how this experience changes if you don't have an importer code.)
    Just giving my experience with MyUS / Fedex which has been excellent, after being recommended to me by a friend.
    Last edited by Phats; 20-03-19 at 09:45.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Juan View Post
    Depending on when you are going to order I will be intrested.

I want the normal .177 guage with difrent sizes holes. I dont want the size specific PelletgageR
    Want same one as Juan

Sharp Shooter
    WP HFT/Springer Champ '15

User Info Menu

Try to get a quote from aramex shopper as well. Alot cheaper

Sharp Shooter
    Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mr H View Post
    Try to get a quote from aramex shopper as well. Alot cheaper
    My, my, this doesn't look too bad, looks like something I should investigate.

Later.......
    After some reading, I think, for me personally, I'll stay with what has worked flawless for me for the last 10+ years. I don't like to wonder if I'm going to get my package.

For others it seems to work well..... It's a pity about their customer service (based on some reviews read).
    Last edited by Phats; 20-03-19 at 12:37.