Thread: Splitting the card

Protea FT Team '17
    SAFTAA FT Colours '16
    Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

Default Splitting the card

Hi All,

For the observant ones, or those that were at the sighting range when I mentioned it, I put up a playing card at 50m side-on. My idea was to see if anyone could split the card completely into 2 pieces. No one managed it with the slight breeze we had in attendance.
    As far as possible I will put up this challenge at every league I attend for the forerseable future. Whom ever splits the card completely, come and see me and claim your prize. ( currently R100, so about half a tin of pellets or beer money).

So when you are at the sighting range, keep an eye open for the lone spike holding a very thin piece of card aloft, it could be your lucky day.

( note, I will only be able to put up the challenge if the hosting club give permission and I'm early enough to place it before the sighting range opens. Me, being just a tad more timely than Rory, that could prove difficult to achieve )

Please feel free to post comments, for or against. Just meant to make the outings a bit more fun.

Protea FT Team '16/'18
    National FT Champ '18/'19
    SAFTAA FT Colours'15

User Info Menu

Ek hou van die challenge

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

What would make that really interesting is a commitment from the relevant club, that trying to split the card requires an extra R10 from the shooter per shooting day, for unlimited attempts (during the sight-in period only).
    This money goes into the pot. If the card is not split, the pot stays untouched, and everyone is welcome to try again at the next club event (with another R10 payable per shooter per shooting day).

It's my bet that before too long, you'll have a very worthwhile competition for decent stakes.

Protea FT Team '17
    SAFTAA FT Colours '16
    Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

That is an interesting idea Nick