Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Area 51 - Closely guarded O-ring Secrets !

  1. #1
    Inactive Member

    User Info Menu

    Default Area 51 - Closely guarded O-ring Secrets !

    I am baffled as to why the o-ring sizes and specifications are such a closely guarded secret by some manufacturers. I understand the potential for safety issues, but I am also confused by why the company will have the exploded parts diagram (Daystate) listing part numbers - but no sizes or shore hardness. O-rings are surely not a money spinner.

    FX makes all this info available, but for the life of me I cannot find any info on Daystate.

    Is there perhaps anyone that can assist with this info for a Daystate Wolverine 2 5.5mm ?
    Last edited by SpecialFX; 22-04-19 at 14:48.
    Sign Up To Air Rifle SA Forums

  2. #2
    Protea FT Team '18/'19
    SAFTAA FT Colours '15
    MOT: Swan Air
    Forum Sponsor

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Contact Wyan on this forum, he is the Daystate trained service agent in SA. I am sure he will sort you out quick quick. He is in PTA.
    Sign Up To Air Rifle SA Forums

  3. #3
    Inactive Member

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Och aye... I've just been wondering about this subject myself.

    I have a complete list of O-ring sizes for my HW 100, but I'm struggling to find a list of O-ring sizes for my BSA Ultra SE and Ultra Multishot MMC.
    Sign Up To Air Rifle SA Forums

  4. #4
    The Oom From T.J.O.P.S
    Forum Sponsor

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Trust me, it's a money spinner, ordered two packets "original" o-rings, when it arrived it was normal o-rings, at R150 a packet! Got in my bakkie and visited the shop and demanded my money back.
    Sign Up To Air Rifle SA Forums

  5. #5
    Sharp Shooter
    Forum Sponsor

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AYOBA! View Post
    Trust me, it's a money spinner, ordered two packets "original" o-rings, when it arrived it was normal o-rings, at R150 a packet! Got in my bakkie and visited the shop and demanded my money back.
    Or take the packet of "original" o-rings, set of to your nearest Bearing Man shop, hand the packet over to them and let them source you a bucket full of x-act same sets of o-rings for a fraction of the price.
    Sign Up To Air Rifle SA Forums

  6. #6
    Sharp Shooter
    Forum Sponsor

    User Info Menu

    Default

    So why do we not start an o-ring size resource sticky?

    Manufacturer:
    Variant and Calibre:
    O-ring location and O-ring size:

    CZ
    CZ200
    4.5mm
    Pellet probe - 3mm ID x 1mm
    Sign Up To Air Rifle SA Forums

  7. #7
    Sharp Shooter

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GrimReaper View Post
    So why do we not start an o-ring size resource sticky?

    Manufacturer:
    Variant and Calibre:
    O-ring location and O-ring size:

    CZ
    CZ200
    4.5mm
    Pellet probe - 3mm ID x 1mm
    Perhaps add the o-ring at the cylinder end as well
    Sign Up To Air Rifle SA Forums

  8. #8
    Sharp Shooter
    Forum Sponsor

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Will do, just used the CZ probe o-ring size as an example.

    Quote Originally Posted by moemin View Post
    Perhaps add the o-ring at the cylinder end as well
    Sign Up To Air Rifle SA Forums

  9. #9
    Sharp Shooter

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GrimReaper View Post
    Will do, just used the CZ probe o-ring size as an example.
    good stuff....I am in fact looking for the o-ring size for the cylinder end....hence the comment
    Sign Up To Air Rifle SA Forums

  10. #10
    Sharp Shooter
    Forum Sponsor

    User Info Menu

    Default

    If you are referring to the o-ring that sits valve side of the tube and seals against the breech block 6.75mm ID x 1.78mm

    Edit - the manual lists it as a 6.5mm ID x 2mm. (The 6.75x1.78 works perfectly on all that have passed through my hands)
    Last edited by GrimReaper; 24-04-19 at 16:57.
    Sign Up To Air Rifle SA Forums

  11. #11
    Sharp Shooter

    User Info Menu

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GrimReaper View Post
    If you are referring to the o-ring that sits valve side of the tube and seals against the breech block 6.75mm ID x 1.78mm

    Edit - the manual lists it as a 6.5mm ID x 2mm. (The 6.75x1.78 works perfectly on all that have passed through my hands)
    Good stuff thank you sir
    Sign Up To Air Rifle SA Forums

  12. #12
    Sharp Shooter

    User Info Menu

    Default

    This fantastic info and a fantastic idea....
    Sign Up To Air Rifle SA Forums

  13. #13
    Sharp Shooter

    User Info Menu

    Default

    While we are discussing o-ring sizes, anyone know what the size of the o-ring acting as the breach seal of a Diana 350 Magnum is?
    Sign Up To Air Rifle SA Forums


Similar Threads

  1. O-ring for my barrel
    By Marno in forum Airgun Discussions
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 13-04-15, 22:28
  2. O-ring lube
    By TylerD in forum Airgun Discussions
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 15-07-14, 19:55
  3. o-ring problem
    By The Twig in forum Airgun Discussions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 28-08-11, 21:35
  4. Silhouette Secrets
    By MMP in forum SANSSU | Schools 3P Air Rifle | Olympic Shooting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-11-10, 07:20

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Friends of Air Rifle SA