Thread: Yong Heng moisture trap

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Default Yong Heng moisture trap

I've recently bought a Yong Heng 300 Bar air compressor. I've used it twice now.
    Brilliant little machine, but with one serious drawback. It has no features to trap or filter out water, and as a result, the air it produces is loaded with moisture.

I'd really like to be able to dry my compressed air to an acceptable standard, and to do that, I need some kind of dessication rig.
    Does anyone have one they'd be interested in selling?
    If not, please can someone point me in the direction of someone who might have something for sale?
    Last edited by Nick V; 25-04-19 at 15:46.

Inactive Member

User Info Menu

Hang on... I could have sworn I posted this in the 'Wanted' category.
    What happened?

REP: Outdoor Pitstop
    Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

Haha, someone's got their eye on you lol. Will this help? I sell these for R1100. 420bar rated, comes with filters, seals and 50cm extra hose

Sharp Shooter
    WP HFT/Springer Champ '16

User Info Menu

Simple dessicant / filter is not something I would be looking at.

I would be looking at something that uses molecular sieve and activated charcoal ( for water molecules that the "ordinary" filter will not pick up) and oils etc.

A typical HP compressor has at least 2 filters - a HP water / oil trap and then a secondary filter using the media I describes above.

Edit: As a first and essential part of the filtration process this, for illustration purposes is what you should be looking at - https://www.amazon.com/Pressure-Wate.../dp/B077SX5G9V
    I am not recommending this exact model, but it is the best way of illustrating what I am talking about.

As a second stage then look at something with molecular sieve and activated charcoal as media.
    Last edited by AndyT; 25-04-19 at 21:15.