Thread: FXA IMPACT 600 STX BARREL OR SLUG LINER

Marksman

User Info Menu

Default FXA IMPACT 600 STX BARREL OR SLUG LINER

Since I didn't do my homework for the impact , I actually bought a 500mm barrel.
    Although I also believe that the length of the barrel is not directly related to accuracy.

Ok . . I only want a longer barrel now. Regardless of the caliber, the pellet or SLUG will do.
    Do you know who is selling this barrel?Or you have exactly one in your hand. I will be thankful .

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Try Rashaak @ Outdoor Pitstop, I bought 1 from him

[NEWSFLASH] FXA slug liner 600mm ~ Air Rifle SA Forums

Sharp Shooter
    WP HFT/Springer Champ '15

User Info Menu

Blades and triggers also sells the liners. Good prices from them aswell
    [NEWSFLASH] FXA AIRGUNS AT BLADES AND TRIGGERS GATEWAY ~ Air Rifle SA Forums

Sharp Shooter
    Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

Pm sent

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Not sure I agree that the barrel length does not affect accuracy on the Impact.

I also bought a FX Impact x with 500mm barrel, then gave the 600mm slug liner a try, this did improve accuracy, even though I was using pellets.

Took the dive and bought a 700mm sniper pellet liner barrel from.

This improved accuracy even further. At 50m I am getting pellet on pellet groups of 1.5mm (7mm width)

Below are 5 shot groups at 50m

Sharp Shooter
    WP HFT/Open Champ '16
    WP HFT/Springer Champ '17
    Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

An interesting observation with regards to the length of barrel... did you check the fps difference between the different barrel lengths? I have found that 5.5mm jsb's (16gr) with a 500mm barrel like to travel around 840 fps or slightly faster, with my 700mm barrel these babies fly over 950fps... and they don't like it. Changed to JSB redesigned 26gr running at 900 fps (gun is tweaked a bit)... unbelievable accuracy. Plus the 700mm barrel can deliver these speeds at lower reg pressure, thus better shot count and less tension on the inner parts of the gun as everything isn't set at max. The gun doesn't have to work so hard to achieve this. On my FX at these settings I get more than 80 good shots per fill.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

I made the same mistake and cranked the power wheel to maximum with the 600mm and 700mm barrel, accuracy was a disaster shooting JSB 18.13grain pellets.

Put in some JSB 25 grain re-designs and accuracy improved immensely, this started the accuracy journey

Currently have reg pressure at 130 bars and power wheel on setting level 3 resulting in JSB 18.13grain pellets traveling at 820-830fps. The picture above are the results.

PS If I put power wheel to maximum the 700mm barrel is pushing these pellets at over 1,000fps.

Sharp Shooter
    WP HFT/Open Champ '16
    WP HFT/Springer Champ '17
    Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

Unfortunately the 26gr Redesigned is very expensive, but worth the money, the alternative is slugs... talk about expensive. Man oh man. My FX is not my plinker gun but specific to its purpose. I need a decent chrony to play around a bit more with it to find the optimum air use versus speed and accuracy. I don't like running guns at max power, wear and tear a huge concern. I would rather run at 85% of power combined with super accuracy. No fun hitting plastic pests with the intend to disintegrate them with shear power, might as well use a shot gun then... I would rather bring back the art of shooting instead of just maxing power. just my 2c.