Thread: Value of a Weihrauch HW97KL .177, VGlide tuned

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Default Value of a Weihrauch HW97KL .177, VGlide tuned

Good day everybody

I need some help from you guys to do a valuation on above mention air rifle. The rifle is meticulously looked after and the late uncle Vince installed a V-Glide tuning kit in 2012. I am the only owner since I bought it new in 2010.

I have been thinking to sell the air rifle for the past 2 years because I shoot it very seldom. The rifle havenít shoot even one (500) tin of JSBís since the V-Glide tune. Reason being I am way more involved in competing in Hunting Rifle competitions and more recently in the 223 class.

I have huge sentimental value for this air rifle but itís time to let it go, hopefully to someone that will take good care of it like i did.

Once I get a good idea on the second hand value of this air rifle i will advertise it on the for sale section.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

I paid R7k (maybe too much?) for a basically new HW97K with the standard sporter stock a couple of years back. It had less than 100 pellets through it and was still dieselling from the factory grease overkill. A bit twangy with no tune but shoots remarkably straight.

Yours is tuned and has a nice laminate stock but is much older. Looks to be in good nick though. Somebody is going to get a nice rifle.

Sharp Shooter
    The Professor

User Info Menu

A good rule of thumb on second hand value is roughly 70% of purchase cost, although allow some fluctuation for condition of item.

Sharp Shooter
    WP HFT/Springer Champ '15

User Info Menu

I would probably pay between 6 and 7k for that rifle

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Thanks for the replies. No need to place the air rifle in the for sale section as it is sold to one of the forum members here in Bloem that pm’ed me.

The air rifle went to a good home and i know it will be looked after.

Sharp Shooter
    Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

beautiful rifle!!!

sigh... I missed another 97... :'(

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Maybe someone on this thread can find me a 97 in 5.5mm?