Thread: Crosman 1377

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Default Crosman 1377

I want a low powered very low noise indoors plinker. My one PCP comes close as it is whisper quiet, but about 400fps too fast for what I want to use it for
    One option...I'm thinking of getting a QB79 and ask one of our airgun guru's to detune it to shoot at a much lower power. Perhaps even shortening the barrel and adding a long 60cm or so silencer. What lowest reliable speed can one achieve this way? By reliable I mean constant speeds and the pellets not getting stuck in the barrel because of the low power.
    Otherwise what about a Crosman 1377 using it with only one pump? Will the pellet with just one pump even get out of the barrel? and at what speed? I believe it is said not to use less than 3 pumps with this pistol. At this low speed it should be quiet enough already to not have to fit a silencer?

What other options are out there? Webley Rebel with just one pump at a time?
    I have shot with a sharp Tiger before but only using it with 10 pumps at a time. My friend sold it so I cannot test it with only 1 pump anymore. Perhaps it can work, and it comes sold with a silencer installed.

Sharp Shooter
    The Professor

User Info Menu

Re: Crosman 1377, minimum of two pumps is generally reliable, accurate and quiet.

If you are after a pistol, then you might be better off with a single stroke pneumatic such as HW40 / HW75 or Gamo Compact.

If a rifle then a dedicated 10 metre rifle might be an option to consider if you want something quality and accurate.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

I've owned the HW40 and Gamo Compact before. I was stupid to sell them. Their noise is fine. But I want something with even less power. I believe they shoot at around 350 fps. I want just 200 fps with good pellets like AA 8.4's. @Dale, do you know what velocity the 1377 shoots at with 2 pumps?

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Ok, just got this thread, I think the 1377 is what I need for now. One pump is just 150 fps.
    https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/theg...rt-t39149.html

Sharp Shooter
    The Professor

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TwentyCal View Post
    Dale, do you know what velocity the 1377 shoots at with 2 pumps?
    It has been some time since I owned one of these, but from memory I think two pumps was in the 250-300 fps range.