Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shooting jacket and glove

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Default Shooting jacket and glove

Hi everyone,

So another question, to the more experienced guys apologies if I bombard you but your knowledge will help me in the long run.

I am not in the market for a new shooting jacket, I have now got nearly 98% of the kit needed for my son and I to shoot as a team but after my first shoot at Nomads have a few questions.

- My rifle "Lobster" is not t-shirt friendly and I felt the bruises the day after. Wearing extra layers means when it gets hot you are stripping off layers again, defeating the object. Is there a strap on option or does anyone have an older shooting jacket I can purchase to modify into a chest and shoulder padded "magafter" so I don't end up bruised from the lobster and t-shirt scenario?

- Does anyone have a shooting glove they are not using that I can purchase, a worn one would be great, I simply need one that is more than my bare hand.

- I see Cor and a few others have a "necklace" with a pellet holding card with pellets ready to reload, is this home made (if so please let me know what you used) and if not where do I get one as keeping a stash of pellets in your carrier is a pain and slows you down.

- Lastly, those covers you guys drape over your rifles at the shooting stations when not shooting, camo or any, where are those from?

Thanks again,

Ian

Sharp Shooter
    Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

Hi Ian,

Its a fly swatter that you can get at any super market. Remove the wire and thread a cord through the gap left by the wire and Voila, a pellet holder holding some 75 pellets.

(I see Cor and a few others have a "necklace" with a pellet holding card with pellets ready to reload, is this home made (if so please let me know what you used) and if not where do I get one as keeping a stash of pellets in your carrier is a pain and slows you down.)

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Thanks Mike that's bloody brilliant! I guess the flies at my house will be gratefull everytime we leave to go shoot

Sharp Shooter
    The Professor

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ravenflight View Post
    - My rifle "Lobster" is not t-shirt friendly and I felt the bruises the day after.
    Ian,

What rifle are you shooting?

I have never had any issues with a rubber butt pad on any air rifle.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Dale it’s a highly customized Hammerli AR20 FT with an adjustable aluminum lobster. I love the adjustability but after a day of shooting FT with no solid front shoulder support I ended up a bit bruised, if that makes sense? So the idea is too look at a type of front shoulder support pad or something along those lines.

Protea FT Team '18/'19
    SAFTAA FT Colours '15
    MOT: Swan Air
    Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

Ian the Lobster you refer to is a butthook. Lobster is the brand name Hannes use.
    As Mike said I use a fly swatter for pellet holder.

The cover I use over the rifle was made for me by my ex girlfriend, you can get anybody that does needlework to make you one.

Springer FT World Champion '09
    Protea FT Team '19

SAFTAA FT Colours '12
    Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Cor View Post
    Ian the Lobster you refer to is a butthook. Lobster is the brand name Hannes use.
    As Mike said I use a fly swatter for pellet holder.

The cover I use over the rifle was made for me by my ex girlfriend, you can get anybody that does needlework to make you one.

What? Mrs Palmer can SEW too?

Just sayin'....

Sharp Shooter
    The Professor

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Cor View Post
    Ian the Lobster you refer to is a butthook.
    Thanks Cor, my next question was going to be WTF is a lobster on a rifle.

Ian, having tried butt hooks in the past I found them to be generally uncomfortable, unwieldy and of no extra benefit, plus not worth the money and I wouldn't use one again. Good old Wegu adjustable rubber butt pad (or similar) for me.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Yes Dale being new in the sport with "hamsters" and "lobsters" I must say I thought the rifle is pimped with zoo animals but I'm slowly learning as I go along, then Cor throws in "butt hook" and suddenly the picture changes again....

Sharp Shooter
    Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

Last edited by Phats; 31-05-19 at 14:37.

Sharp Shooter
    The Professor

User Info Menu

Yes Dale being new in the sport with "hamsters" and "lobsters" I must say I thought the rifle is pimped with zoo animals but I'm slowly learning as I go along, then Cor throws in "butt hook" and suddenly the picture changes again....
    At least he didn't slip in a butt plug.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

No that would be a definite o-ring stretcher Dale, not good for consistent grouping....

Prof. Jan Itor

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dale View Post
    At least he didn't slip in a butt plug.

Commonly referred to as "the shooter"

Springer FT World Champion '09
    Protea FT Team '19

SAFTAA FT Colours '12
    Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

Ian.......

I like the way you think! We need another 'reprobator' in the community.

Sharp Shooter
    Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

Default Jacket and Glove

Gloves sorted. Anyone with a XXL Shooting jacket