Thread: Northcliff - the addiction continues

Sharp Shooter
    Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

Default Northcliff - the addiction continues

Saturday was an FT League shoot and our members performed very well indeed. Come Sunday 02 June and I arrived at NC about 1130 to find some regulars having a relaxed shoot. RavenFlight was setting up his S400 for the Gauteng Open coming up 8-9 June hosted by Wonderboom FT Club. (See SAFTAA thread for details)

Don had made a beautiful wooden box to house the SAFTAA Chrony in and it is really appreciated by the SAFTAA EXCO. Thank you Don. Road Cone arrived with the Chrony and it is a perfect fit. Considering Don had written the measurements on his hand the week before, I wonder when he washed his hands, before or after making the box.

I was duly tasked to braai the boerie and braaibroodjies.This I was forced to do on a much too hot fire and succeeded in cremating the braaibroodjies and serving up almost boerie ashes. What do I know about braaing - I have sons that sort that out.

What was very nice to see were the Dads arriving with their young sons to shoot at the range. You can see the enthusiasm all over their faces when they beat Dad.

This brings me to a Dad and his two sons who were happy shooting on the 50 meter range but it was getting dark quickly. I had already switched on the lights as Paul and Mark (to whom I shall be eternally grateful for their patience) had been busy setting up my S400 for bench shooting.When I went to them and invited them down to shoot on the lit range, this took on a very positive turn. Dad had asked me if I could recommend a more competitive shooting discipline for his sons shooting Springer. It was at this point that my admiration for two of the kindest men in Field Target that I know of kicked in.

Mark began with a demonstration of FT positions and rifle holding. The two boys then sat on the bench table and Paul took to coaching the younger and Mark the elder. Both of them adopted a form of Deadman's. Their rifles are too long for them and they bridge that by the butt sticking out over their thighs. The grins when hitting the small swingers at 15 metres was a joy to behold.

Both boys were very attentive to both Mark and Paul, and by the time the evening came to an end, Dad and sons had learnt a lot and that only bodes well for the future of air rifling. Me, I made coffee. What do I know about FT? Got friends who do that.

What a lovely day spent at the range. If you are in the area of Northcliff, please do come along and enjoy throwing some lead down range. Sundays are good days to find the guys as normally Saturday is spent shooting FT Leagues. After 8-9 June the next FT shoot will be 29th June which is the Mildots Masters.

See you there.
    Last edited by MikeBrews; 03-06-19 at 12:49.

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

Thanks from my side too.

I arrived at around 10 Sun morning and soon after Don arrived to open up and introduced himself, Doug followed, nice guys all round. Mike dropped by a bit later followed by Mark and Paul plus the Twig dropped in with his pimped EV2 with the beautiful carbon fiber stock.

Mark took the time to help with my S400 as the speeds were at around 724fps, eventually it was Mark, Mike and Paul all helping out, end result 777fps, awesome! Mark then patiently assisted me to get the info so we can sort the clickchart out, a detailed breakdown was Whatsapped to me and all I needed to do was draw up a spreadsheet Sunday evening and now all ready for Saturday. So to Mark, Mike and Paul thanks guys!! Then to the Twig, who regularly came to see if I was still ok while shooting the 50m to give advice thanks! It was gusting pretty badly at times and I was all over the target, your advice is much appreciated.

Well done the NC club guys are a great bunch and I'll see you all at the shoot on Saturday.
    Last edited by ravenflight; 03-06-19 at 13:53.

Sharp Shooter
    Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

This is what I love about air gunning, everybody is super chilled and happy to help.

Well done Northcliff guys!

Sharp Shooter
    Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

I can second everything Mike said, all the names mentioned and some others, not forgetting Mike himself, who loaned Daniel his S400 to start his FT endeavours.

Thank you gentlemen, it's really appreciated!

Sharp Shooter

User Info Menu

And to add to the above, MikeBrews actually took the time to drop by my house tonight to deliver a hamster for my S400 and would not accept payment beyond a few cups of filter coffee. Thanks a ton Mike for not only going out of your way but for a well spent few hours picking your brain and knowledge. You gotta love Mike! All great info that I'm sure will be a huge part of the "lego" blocks of info I need to gain experience in this new adventure of mine. Thanks again Mike, I see you love what you do and trust me the value of that cannot be explained.

So yes all pumped for Saturday to see if I can get my second league shoot to produce double figures, if not I at least I got to shoot my S400 for the first comp.

See you all there.

Sharp Shooter
    Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

I see those pesky North Fielders are at it again. There are 2 raffles on the go with their members involved and also Outdoor pitstop.

Please support these raffles.

[EVENT] Win a Nikko Stirling Hornet ED in the WFTC 2019 Team ZA Raffle ~ Air Rifle SA Forums
    [EVENT] ANOTHER RAFFLE for the Proteas - MZE-tuned Walther LGV Competition Ultra ~ Air Rifle SA Forums [
    OAC Battle of the Regions 2019 Raffle ~ Air Rifle SA Forums

Kind regards

Mike

Springer FT World Champion '09
    Protea FT Team '19

SAFTAA FT Colours '12
    Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MikeBrews View Post
    I see those pesky North Fielders are at it again. There are 2 raffles on the go with their members involved and also Outdoor pitstop.

Please support these raffles.

https://www.airrifle.co.za/threads/4...Team-ZA-Raffle
    https://www.airrifle.co.za/threads/4...938#post642938
    https://www.airrifle.co.za/threads/4...ns-2019-Raffle

Kind regards

Mike

*Cliffers...It's NORTH CLIFFERS! DAMMIT!

Sharp Shooter
    Forum Sponsor

User Info Menu

I could not bare watching you hanging off the Cliff to make you a Cliffer. Much better I see in the Field as a Fielder with a box.

Quote Originally Posted by Bludlust View Post
    *Cliffers...It's NORTH CLIFFERS! DAMMIT!